No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not wish to hold the game too long and do not know what my opportunities for playing will be like after the long weekend, so I have allready taken my turn on the assumption that peace will not be found this turn.

I will post the save ASAP.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• We were hit by Katrina while it was still just category 1. No huge problems, except that our internet connection is down. From my office, I should be able to DL the Egyptian save on Wednesday 9/7 and post a reply Monday 9/12 (maybe earlier). I will answer email if possible on those days.

Comment

• the save file
        Attached Files
        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Egyptian forces continue the pause in operations, as new forces arrive at the front and chariots are repaired and refitted.
          Attached Files
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• With some help, I am able to post much earlier than expected. Not much new this year. Except that a reckless band of Persian skirmishers has gone missing in a region south of the Zagros mountains formerly known as Assyria.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Just another boring year for the greek....
              Nothing new.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Just a little bump
                Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Some problems with my connection.
                  Almost certainly able to play tomorrow.
                  Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• How the Assyrian bireme became Minoan

A Minoan merchant ship sailing west of the island of Cyprus just met a powerful Assyrian bireme. The Minoan sailors found that rather scary, but hey noticed very soon that the Assyrians looked much more hungry and thirsty than willing to fight. They fed them, gave them water and also some wine, and started talking about the gold that was in a coffer onboard the Minoan ship.
                    A few coins were enough to convince the Assyrians to join the Minoan Navy.
                    Attached Files
                    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• The Alliance Against Violence ended the talks.
                      By voting a majority decided Assyria must be punished, cities burned, men tortured and killed, women tortured and raped and children enslaved.
                      Let us fight against violence without a mercy! Violence deserves no debates but death.
                      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Rules corner

In past I talked about some rules with individual players. I didn't start a debate here because I thought these rules weren't important or were clear or you appeared to be pissed by rules discusions...
                        But now it looks we have a free time

1)
                        IMO in a MP session during a turn of another player you should not manage your civ. (For example you could raise your arrows in a city so that a caravan may be delivered and then set workers back to food and shields.)

2)
                        The current rules allow to reveal the map of the starting save (in cheat mode or map editor). This is because some players don't know this scenario but others have played it many times or have created it or tested it. So this rule should erase the advantage of experienced players.
                        I suppose it is allowed to try anything in cheat mode with the starting save (not only to reveal the map but for example to create units besides a barb that you want to kill but you are not sure how the barb is strong). Reason why this should be allowed is that anything you can manage by cheat mode you can manage also by playing a new SP game.

3)
                        Ending alliances
                        The diplomacy through an AI (the F3 window) prevents sneak attacks when allied: When you end an alliance all units are withdrawn to owner's cities. I think teleporting of units is never good since it could be used as an exploit but there should be some rule that will prevent a direct attack of an allied civ:
                        I suggest that an alliance may be finished only by sending a special CivDip barter to the ally. The receiving civ must always apply this barter.
                        This way the receiving civ (i.e. a civ that didn't initialize the end of the alliance) moves (and can attack) first.
                        (I suppose CivDip doesn't move any unit, only deletes the alliance status)

Please post comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                          The Alliance Against Violence ended the talks.
                          By voting a majority decided Assyria must be punished, cities burned, men tortured and killed, women tortured and raped and children enslaved.
                          Let us fight against violence without a mercy! Violence deserves no debates but death.
                          Password is obear..........

I'm out.
                          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Zedanu,

your decision is a surprise for me:
                            If the will of Babylon....... I mean " the Alliance" is to carry thier rant to the its ultimate end Then Assyria will meet it, and If we go it will not be quietly.
                            Assyria needs a ruler so that it doesn't fall in disorder and in hands of anarchistic AI-sects. After Assyria is conquered we don't plan to torture you with Didanu but there is an asyle prepared for you.
                            But if you leave the government be sure sooner or later we will find you and the fate of Didanu will follow!

Comment

• Forgive me, that post was made at the end of a long-long day,& 1/2 asleep.

I had intended to make a full surrender, seeing that the goal of the game was now to destroy assyria.

Frankly some bad game play on my part has left Assyria with only a marginal chance of surviving at all. My last two decisions were to A: play on and let starvation and calculated destruction rob the alliance of any signifficant property & gold, or B: admit the defeat and fly the white flag. The last post was INTENDED to be the white flag.

If the surrender is not acceptable then I will play on, there are still some "tricks" up the Assyrian sleves, but This IS the ultimate conclusion. If I could replay some of those early turns I could possibly make a difference, but hind site is 20/20.
                              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Sorry to intrude. Kull, would you check your PM's please?
                                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                                X