New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disturbing news from Nineva,

An epeditionary force assembled in a fortress allong the Babylonian boarder and set to assail our enemys, has reluctantly been recalled to Kurigalzu to secure the city. In addition production orders in nearby city's were expedited to produce the chariots our noble warriors will need.

Near Ikni Egyptian invaders have been detered by vigilant Chariot II's

Else where disruption begins to show its face as more of the military is sent to the front rather than policing the cities.

Attached Files
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Egyptian chariots continue to build up near the front lines - the hammer blow will soon fall.......
      Attached Files
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• RULES

Here are new revised version of rules about unit giving. Post comments please.

A unit never consumes a shield of support if it is homed in a foreign city (this happens with CivDip usage). After a unit is unfreezed you should avoid that shield of support is saved this way.
        (Ways how to rectify it:
        the home city must "unhome" some units so that no shield support would be consumed (for example under Monarchy the city must support only 2 own units + the said foreign unit)
        or the owner of the unit must rehome it to his own city (a fast trick how to rehome a unit is to connect online with ANY civ and to pass the unit back and forth)

Giving units forth and back within one MP session is forbidden. (This would rehome the unit quickly).
        An exception: the unit was homed to a foreign civ (you are rehoming it this way - see last paragraph).

If you see any enemy unit (or a defended city of an enemy) 3 squares from your city then you can give only one unit homed in that city per turn.
        An enemy civ = a civ you are in war with.

If caravan is passed to another civ it cannot be delivered if the revenue would be bigger than the revenue of the original owner. (This may happen due to the international bonus, no Bronze Weapons loss, no Persian culture loss etc.)

Originally posted by SlowThinker
        I never used the foreign minister swap because I knew it needn't work. THerefore I didn't know about that.
        But I think creating NONE units by foreign minister swap should be forbidden
        Only now I realized why I never used the foreign minister swap:

Rules version 3 say:
        AI diplomacy is forbidden because units are teleported
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
          RULES

Giving units forth and back within one MP session is forbidden. (This would rehome the unit quickly).
          An exception: the unit was homed to a foreign civ (you are rehoming it this way - see last paragraph).
          Can players also give back and forth when it doesn't rehome the unit, or when that is not the purpose ? For example, to reveal a small part of their map ?

If caravan is passed to another civ it cannot be delivered if the revenue would be bigger than the revenue of the original owner. (This may happen due to the international bonus, no Bronze Weapons loss, no Persian culture loss etc.)[/i]
          I don't argue about this, but I am curious - was the Persian Culture handicap put into the scenario intentionally ?

Thanks for your work, ST.

----------------------------------------------

Persia 2770BC - Sinbad is learning to relax at the palace with his new bride, Angelinae. However, he has ordered the construction of a new training camp in the high dry plains of Hamadan.

----------------------------------------------

For some reason my computer cannot get into Apolyton anymore. When I try, it attempts to download (but not open) the web page, which is a .php file, I guess. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? I also cannot get in using Google - it says the Poly server is down. I have no problems with other websites.

I have already emailed my save to Kengel, but here it is for everyone else.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
            For some reason my computer cannot get into Apolyton anymore. When I try, it attempts to download (but not open) the web page, which is a .php file, I guess. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? I also cannot get in using Google - it says the Poly server is down. I have no problems with other websites.
            There is a thread on A/C (or HERE ) where several of us, including myself, have said that we are having the same problem .

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
              Can players also give back and forth when it doesn't rehome the unit, or when that is not the purpose ? For example, to reveal a small part of their map?
              Hm, it should be allowed if no rehoming.

I think it could be problematic to say what is exactly the purpose ... In other words I prefer rules are not dependend on subjective appraisal.

So this is a revised proposition:
              Rehoming units by giving them forth and back within one MP session is forbidden.

If you prepared a swap that will allow to reveal a small part of a map then finish it of course. New rules may apply only after people prepare.

Comment

• A great event for greece:
                One of our explorers met a new folk.
                Friendly people indeed, with bronce colored faces, and of high cultural level it seems.
                They call themselves "egypts".
                If the great pharao will allow, our explorer will continue his journey along the border of the world, to finally find out if earth is a disk, or a rectangular (one of the crazy theories which some greek scientist believe in).
                Enjoy turn!
                Attached Files

Comment

• mayday! mayday!
                  My last 3 e-mails to SlowThinker have been returned to sender.
                  Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Try again ... or post a PM ...

Comment

• I travel in a few days and will be back Aug 2 (approx 3 to 5 days after Kull's next post, I guess). Let me know if I should ask Sparrowhawk to play my next turn. I may be able to play while away, but I can't be sure.

Comment

• The people gather on the beaches and clap when they glance at the new Minoan merchant ships surfing on the waves.
                        "Thank you, Minos, o wiser leader among the wiser leaders!"
                        Attached Files
                        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Have one last transaction to complete with ally... will post ASAP
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• The affairs of state have been complex but are, at long last, settled to our satisfaction. Our astrologers have intoned the mysterious sacred phrase "Control-Enn" to seal fates of nations.

Edit: removed erroneous save
                            Last edited by Straybow; July 31, 2005, 02:37.
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I'll be away from 7/24 thru 7/29. Internet access will be intermittent , but I should still be able to play my turn. However, my usual email account won't be accessible, so please send email to "paul_cullivan(at sign goes here)raytheon.com"
                              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• A small error was discovered by our vizier. As no King has yet downloaded the appropriate correction was made.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X