No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will not have net access Sat(7-30) thru Tues (8-2) this comming week, but I am not going home on friday night so I will be able to play anytime between now and Sat morning.

Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• I will play tomorrow...
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• bab 2760

We found an Assyrian horse near Eufrat. The horse has been destroyed.
        We found an Assyrian horse near Tigris. The horse has been destroyed.
        We found an Assyrian Chariot II in the city of Kurigalzu. The Chariot has been destroyed. Kurigalzu has been sacked. Gold and valuable papers were taken. No traces about Didanu.

Edit:
        Kurigalzu was renamed to a nice Babylonian name Hourigalzur. (new save, only city name was changed)
        The traders of Hourigalzur salute their Minoan friends and are promising to continue deliveries of Gems to Amnisos.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by SlowThinker; July 27, 2005, 10:45.

Comment

• Re: bab 2760

Originally posted by SlowThinker
          The traders of Hourigalzur salute their Minoan friends and are promising to continue deliveries of Gems to Amnisos.
          Bab traders most welcome, but we advise delivery to Crete in order to get the island bonus
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Never mind....
            Last edited by Zedd; July 29, 2005, 00:03.
            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• After Zedanu seems to have suffered a bout of memory loss, the affairs of state have been assesed and stand thus....

The future bodes ill for our small nation. Kurigalzu was a prominent city, and a stronghold against the assault from Babylon. Its loss speaks highly of our enemy's strength.
              Attached Files
              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• A Great Victory!

In numbers uncounted, the Chariots of Egypt swept unseen and unhindered up the valley of the Orontes River, destroying all in their path! The cities of Malazgirt and ikni are smoking ruins, and the Assyrian dead lie everywhere in heaps and piles! The left wing of the Egyptian army has encircled Tartous and will claim it next turn, while the main force prepares to unleash its devastating fury upon Ish-Mandaroun and Karkemish!

Everywhere the Armies of Assyria are in full retreat, while Horus soars victorious on high.
                Attached Files
                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Persian poets sing of the epic battles at Ikni and Kurigalzu. But our own borders have been quiet.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• How heart warming it is to hear the world cheer your extinction, But where will the heralds of greed and hatred turn when assyria is no more.....

When all the world is green (as it nearly is today) I will laugh from from my solitude, and mourn no enemy.

END OF DAYS
                    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Our technically oriented nation understands nothing from the rhetorical Assyrian language.

Or did Zedanu improve the unclear and indefinite diplomatic language of his predecesors?

What is "end of days"? A suicide happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                        What is "end of days"?
                        The sober realization that Assyria can't win a war of "One against Six", and that defeat is no longer just a concept - but now a stark reality.
                        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Before end of day, the greek are proud to announce they finished their turn
                          Far away from bloody battlefield, the greek go on with business as usual.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Just some in-character rambling after 48 hours on just 4 hrs sleep. I would say Kull got the "jist" of it. I havn't looked at the save files yet but it sounds pretty bleak for assyria, plus it was a quick way to make a verbal jab at the agressors.

"Zedd counting down his days in this game, and making sure to get his +1's"

P.S.
                            I hope ST and the rest of you take no offense at my un-intelligable ramblings. You are all fine players and this game is simply reaching its inevitable conclusion, "Zedanu" is simply a fanatical militaristic leader and that is the character I chose to play. I have never played like that before so maybe I'm not very good at it, but I figure "ruffling some feathers" is all part of the job.
                            Last edited by Zedd; August 8, 2005, 07:59.
                            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Sails all over the deep seas. Minoan traders rejoice.
                              Attached Files
                              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Assyrians spotted in the wilderness of southern Anatolia! They shall be dispatched quickly... an excellent training opportunity for my Charioteers.

The Astrologers have invoked the mystical "Ctrl-Enn" so that the scepter may be passed to Babylon.
                                Attached Files
                                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                                X