No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be away from internet up to about 24h from now, I guess kengel wouldn't complain against an extension if needed.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Gentlemen: I've decided to quit the game for personal reasons, which I've explained to several of you privately. I hope you'll find a replacement and continue this great game to the end.

Until then, I pass control of Persia to Kull. I think he understands my view of Persia pretty well, and our politics are similar. I ask that you cede him the strongest voice when choosing my replacement.

I do not want to go out as Stefan did, leaving Persia in disarray. Persia is in good condition, with several viable game plans. Also, I feel no need to go out violently. War with Babylon is an option left to Kull, or the next guy, to decide.

Comment

• Peaster, it is a pitty, anyway I thank you for your part of creating a fun in this game, for both roles of a friend and a bad-guy in relation to Babylon.

What to do next:
        I wouldn't be very happy if Kull played both enemies of Babylon, and it is against our rules. So I suggest we try to find a replacement first (and we postpone the Persian turn).

Peaster, I don't know your reasons why you are leaving, but will you have time to prepare notes and explain your plans for your successor? Also it would be good if you could help next player to be oriented in the talks that are running before this Persian turn.

Comment

• This seems like a play from the Germanos book of Civ, but I do not know your reasons for leaving and I truely wish you the best of luck.
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• the Germanos playbook would be to first attack Bab, Hat, and Egypt and then quit.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
              So I suggest we try to find a replacement first (and we postpone the Persian turn).

Peaster, I don't know your reasons why you are leaving, but will you have time to prepare notes and explain your plans for your successor? Also it would be good if you could help next player to be oriented in the talks that are running before this Persian turn.
              I think it would be an EXTREMELY good idea (i.e in helping us to recruit a replacement) if Babylon announces IN ADVANCE that it will retract all the aggressive advances perpetrated on it's last move.

(Now awaiting the blizzard of reasons why this is impossible as it would Doom Babylon to perpetual servitude, or perhaps cause a single shekel to fall unspent to the ground)
              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Kull, sometimes I am unable to estimate if you are serious or not. But I will suppose you are.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I suppose you suggest that a recruit that replaces a player should be encouraged by a present: withdrawal of Bab units in this case.
                (I will refrain from commenting your word "aggressive", also because I don't see any coherence to the case)

IMO this is a bad idea, the game has its natural flow, and shouldn't be affected by such things like replacements. Imagine it was me that quit and not Peaster: in that case Persia should withdraw her units and forts?
                If you really want to encourage a new player then I would rather suggest that each civ passes some gold to Persia. But still I think this would be an unnatural and bad idea that would change the natural game flow, distribution of power etc.

In past replacements we never used any kind of "encouragement" for new players. (Remember also Babylon was in an intricated situation when I came to the Bab throne (Babylon was in war with two civs), but I simply concluded peace.)

Comment

In past replacements we never used any kind of "encouragement" for new players. (Remember also Babylon was in an intricated situation when I came to the Bab throne (Babylon was in war with two civs), but I simply concluded peace.)

There is a huge difference between "normal" diplomacy or war vs the rantings that dominate the last 1000 or more posts in this thread.

Who would want to review all that just to get started? But I'm speculating, of course. Perhaps there is somebody who thrives on that... besides ST.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• You call for a replacement?

I've been reading the last couple of pages of this thread and it seems like an interesting game, if you still need a player I would like to give Persia a go.

A couple of things though:

1, I'm currently on holiday and wont be back untill may 18 if this is no problem for you guys, in the meantime I could read up on the game so I'm up to date when I play my first turn.

2, A quick summery of the game sofar would be great, also the thoughts and planned strategies of the former Persian player would be much apreciated.

3, I propose an independent mediator who sets borders, we both pull back behind them and take it from there.

Greetz
                    atawa

Comment

• Atawa,
                      1)
                      2) Be aware: the game is laborious and slow also without the rants. Although it depends on the playing style, Peaster reported he played one turn one day.
                      3) Don't open the Persian position yet, maybe there are other also solutions for the game. I am running some private talks with Straybow, and since I feel a discontent with my person from three sides maybe (Peaster, Kull, Straybow), I am ready to quit the game myself, in that case Peaster would return (?).
                      4) In case I stay: I would not be pleased if the borders between Persian and Babylon were set artificially now. Especially for Babylon it would be like the old game ended and a new game started.
                      The situation between both civs developped naturally for centuries, and should be solved naturally IMO. Of course the death of old Sinbad and the arrival of the Successor may change many things dramatically. Anyway mediated talks almost started now, but it looks Persia speculates that she may prefer to start a war now. Babylon is ready to begin peace talks.

Straybow,
                      Originally posted by Straybow
                      There is a huge difference between "normal" diplomacy or war vs the rantings that dominate the last 1000 or more posts in this thread.
                      Perhaps there is somebody who thrives on that... besides ST.
                      I didn't thrive on that, oposite was true, but I felt responsibility for Babylonian case.
                      Yes, I wrote maybe twice more paper as Peaster did, because I didn't answer simple statements like "You ran away from original border talks" by "Noo, it was you who ran away from original border talks", but I documented all my statements by quotes, pictures etc.
                      But more in the e-mail.

(Sorry, if I wil be slow next days, I am busy)
                      Last edited by SlowThinker; May 13, 2007, 07:55.

Comment

• I'm not that adicted to the game as to bring my cd on holidays so no worries, I couldnt open the game if I wanted to.

As far as I'm concerned I dont realy care witch civ (if any) becomes available, I just want to play a diplogame again as the normal MP or liga games dont do it for me anymore.

And off course I'm flexible about the border dispute, any way is fine with me

Comment

• Atawa,
                          Do you know the scenario? You should study it before you play.
                          Also we have house rules, they are linked from first page (germanos' post). Version 4 is available now.

I think this game is much more diplo than other games in the PBEM section.
                          Not only more rants, but also communication and cooperation.

It would be great if Peaster could pass you all info needed, but if it is too laborious for him, then he can explain only his plans, and each King can send you brief history of relations between his kingdom and Persia.

Originally posted by Straybow
                          Who would want to review all that just to get started?
                          When I came to Babylon I didn't study the history. I simply said Babylon deposed the mad tyrant CivFan and Babylon was not responsible for his acts.
                          I won't hinder atawa from saying a similar sentence.

Comment

I won't hinder atawa from saying a similar sentence.
                            Atawa - You will find Babylon to be a very reasonable neighbor. Just give him your entire border region and accede swiftly to his every demand and you will have no problems with him.
                            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Hehe, allready sounds like a fun game to me

Comment

• atawa, you just met Pharaoh, the eternal admirer of Babylon. His fate is in your hands.
                                If you will solve the dispute with Babylon peacefully then he will certainly commit a ritual suicide.

Comment

Working...
                                X