New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No worries,

I checked the two saves and all that I would loose is some citizen placement and 1 move from 2 units. I think your save would be more crucial since you have combat opps so I will just pay more attention next time.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Clap! Clap! We played an entire cycle in a week!

Sinbad settles into his palace in Ecbatana, but gazes longingly over the mountains, where he knows great battles are being fought without him.
      Attached Files

Comment

• As painful as it would be to deliberately take the same beating, Pharoah is willing to repeat his turn for Zedd's sake. But there is one concern - the units you moved after this save. Is it possible they would affect the Egyptian Theatre of war? If units suddenly appeared in my path, that would be a problem. Not only couldn't I repeat the turn exactly, but it might have changed the actions I did take.

Also, I won't be able to play until monday or tuesday.

So basically it's Zedd's call.

Edit: Just spotted "Zedd's Call"...the game continues!
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Business as usual...
          Attached Files

Comment

• Business as usual = an Assyrian ship wandering along the southern coast of Anatolia has been sent to the bottom
            Attached Files
            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Alas, business is a bit slower than usual. In the West the city of Troy is sacked. The victorious general brings slaves and plunder to Hattusas, and is celebrated a hero in all Hatte. A Greek princess was found and returned to Mycenaea.

[Edit: forgot to Ctrl-N. New file uploaded]
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Straybow; July 7, 2005, 14:51.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I will be gone for over a week on a missions support team to Prince of Wales Island, Alaska. The earliest I'll be able to play next is Tue 19 July. I might be able to check PMs during that time.
                Last edited by Straybow; July 7, 2005, 16:40.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• bab 2770

Indeed, quarters in Kurigalzu were repaired. We heard the Assyrian masons must feed many children, and so we prepared more work for them.
                  Assyrian offered us several targets this turn:
                  Kurigalzu and two units near the end of the wide Tigris (a part of Tigris where our boats are able sail): a Chariot II on a river and a Horse in a swamp. The horse was too easy for our mighty armies and the fortified Chariot in the river area was too tough. So we chose Kurigalzu. Happy repairing.
                  Attached Files
                  Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Indeed the casualties in Kurigalzu are difficult to bear.

I will be out until monday night so no post until then.
                    I did get a quick look at the save file and I have a couple cities that should have grown in POP that did not. The food boxes are full but there was no growth.

Likewise I noticed last turn that while my food boxes seem full I han't noticed any growth in cities. Am I missing something here?

Rought example. Last turn city A had 36/40 food and produces 7 that turn. result = 40 food and no new citizens.

City B has 40/40 food produces 3 food per turn, result = 40/40 food and no citizen.

I will double check against earlier saves but I have only noticed city growth once since playing as assyria and I am
                    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Originally posted by Zedd
                      Rought example. Last turn city A had 36/40 food and produces 7 that turn. result = 40 food and no new citizens.
                      That's normal. You must wait one more turn when the foodbox is full.

Originally posted by Zedd
                      City B has 40/40 food produces 3 food per turn, result = 40/40 food and no citizen.
                      Do you check at start of your turn? Cities aren't processed yet at end of my turn (if you look in a SP mode)
                      Maybe SparrowHawk could check it... He can play only Assyrians with 6 AIs.

Comment

• Travel Warning:

I'll be in Jackson Hole, Wyoming from Sunday 7/10 thru Saturday 7/16. At this point the availability of internet access is unknown, so hopefully you can wait until my return. If not (gulp) then Sparrowhawk might as well do the Control-N right after Zedd's play.

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Maybe you could give instructions to SH to play Egyptians?

Comment

• Good News, I've got a connection! So I'll just wait for Zedd to play and will take my turn as normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                              Maybe you could give instructions to SH to play Egyptians?
                              "SH"? I guess you mean SparrowHawk, but these are also my RL initials (and Stephan's).

Kull and Zedd - A hurricane has knocked out our ISP for the last 2-3 days, so I cannot play easily until that is fixed. In other words, I may be slow too, so don't rush your next move.

Comment

• Dennis has also caused some trouble here. Comcast is finally working so I will play and post this evening.
                                Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Working...
                                X