No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took notice St, but thought your were scouting.
    I have forgotten ctrl+N myself and can hardly fault anyone who does. If the "loose" unit were to attack then I would probably feel differently.

I do think there was a report of units that were on "GO-TO" command moving between turns. I make it a rule to clear any go-to commands active. (or better yet don't use them at all )
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker

Is the unit moved on the kengel's save already?
      Yes. It has moved by the end of the Greek turn. Zedd can attack it if he thinks he can win. But I don' t think he will find it and I doubt he could win (it is a skirmisher, and Persian skirmishers are quite tough).

Comment

• This is the original save before hexedit.
        Attached Files
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Then I applied the hexediting:
          9 shields has been added to Nippur's shieldbox (6 from 2790 + 3 new)
          a unit that was created in Nippur (at 141,75 now) has been changed to NONE (since it was NONE before it was lost)

The saves differ in 2 bytes, so no side effect is possible.

Comment

• bab 2780

Our brave armies attacked Kurigalzu, after bloody combat destroyed one squad of Assyrian Chariots II and some quarters of the city.
            We apologize our allies that our attacks are sparse, but we cannot throw all our armies into attack. The fort near Kish makes us prudent.

Comment

• Re: bab 2780

Originally posted by SlowThinker

We apologize our allies that our attacks are sparse,_________________
              No problem, Immortal !
              Sparse attacks are mugh better than heavy defeats

(and the other members of the Alliance also are getting stronger and stronger: we shall overcome)
              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster

Yes. It has moved by the end of the Greek turn.
                Do you want to say it was OK at the start of the Greek turn?

Comment

• No, I say nothing about that. I don't know how to answer about the beginning of the Greek turn unless Sparrowhawk wants to open it and "cheat". I probably forgot to Ctrl-N.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                    No, I say nothing about that. I don't know how to answer about the beginning of the Greek turn unless Sparrowhawk wants to open it and "cheat". I probably forgot to Ctrl-N.
                    This is quite easy for you to test - just open up the file you posted, and see if it's possible to activate any of your fortified units. If so, then it was a forgotten Cntrl-N
                    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Okay, file downloaded and opened and there was a fortified unit that I could move out of the city, therefore I think "control N" was forgotten.

I am sending the city name and unit type to Peaster to see if it was the same unit or not (I am 98% certain it will be the same unit).

/me "the control N guy"
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Egyption harassers were brought to justice after thier murderous rage in the south.

Civillian casualties in Kurigalzu are being mourned even as the damage is repaired.

Other wise, no other news is forthcoming.

On a side note...
                        Egyptians requested a meeting which was accidently accepted. Once discussions concluded, I re-started my turn and re-played in the same manner with the exception of a unit that lost 1 turn of movement. I elected to accept the move loss and not try re-playing again.
                        Attached Files
                        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                          Okay, file downloaded and opened and there was a fortified unit that I could move out of the city, therefore I think "control N" was forgotten.

I am sending the city name and unit type to Peaster to see if it was the same unit or not (I am 98% certain it will be the same unit).

* Sparrowhawk "the control N guy"
                          The unit that moved was not in a city, but you have proven I did something wrong. I vaguely recall adjusting the tax slider after a Ctrl-N recently, but I am not sure that could cause trouble, and I am not sure I even did it in this game.

BTW - Sometimes I am actually grateful that I can forget things (Hint Hint)

Comment

• The .sav file I posted was not the correct one i think. But I see it was dled before I cought my error so if it works OK then we can use it.

That one is the one I accidently held meetings with the egyptians. I don't think the result of the meeting changed anything, but there were some movements on my part that I made after that save. I kept that file to make sure my movements were correct up to that point.

If we must use that file (noow its dl'd twice) I will make due, but I would like to use my real save with everyones OK

Last edited by Zedd; July 1, 2005, 07:32.
                            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Egyptian forces continue operations in all theatres. Minor casualties are noted.

Edit #1: Just noticed Zedd's comment - Umm, there have been combat operations, so it's probably too late. However, I would GLADLY replay, if you really want me too....but don't expect me to make the same mistakes!

Edit #2: I'll be taking off for a long weekend, with no internet access. Might be able to check in once more before leaving. Will be back Monday, maybe Tuesday.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Kull; July 1, 2005, 03:36.
                              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Zedd, I think you could continue if nothing happened during the F3 negotiations. But I am not sure about this.

I don't think you need an agreement of all players only the Kull's.
                                But the game would be strange IMHO if Kull isn't able to repeat his moves correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X