X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am unable to unconfuse you.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• undoubtedly
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• OK, I am a little slow, but now I get it ... LaFayette???

Comment

• Originally posted by La Fayette
          Minoan turn tomorrow.
          Not sure how long you guys want to wait , but I have done the "Control N" for La Fayette , hopefully he posts the save and this is not needed

/me
          Attached Files
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Sorry, guys
            RL (health) intervened.
            Thank you, Sparrowhawk !
            I am playing my turn right now.
            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• As expected, the Assyrian bireme has joined the Minoan Navy.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

Not sure how long you guys want to wait
                Thanks again for your help. Please Ctrl-N after 72 hours. This game has slowed to a tedious crawl and you are our main hope of saving it.

Comment

• I got home late Tue night (after midnight) and woke up Wed morning sick.

Still trying to iron out some things with allies... Will play ASAP
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                    Please Ctrl-N after 72 hours.
                    Easily done, but I follow this thread somewhat irregularly, so if 72 hours has passed (or even if close) feel free to send me a PM and I will happily do the control N thing.

As for the tedius crawl, maybe you should ask kengel and La Fayette about the pace of our 7 Player Game. I would estimate I have had 3-4 turns since last June, yet miraculously the game is still "ongoing" (though I use the term loosely ).

/me
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Don't have to ask. But your 7 player slugfest has heated up lately, no?

At the other extreme - ST and I are playing a PBEM duel which is at move 62 [not far behind SoG] after just two weeks.

Comment

• I'm mostly better now—cold has moved from chest to sinus, fever gone. One last detail to iron out...

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                          Don't have to ask. But your 7 player slugfest has heated up lately, no?
                          Not sure I was say it has "heated up", but I would go so far as to say it is "not frozen ".

I received my last turn on March 13 and forwarded it March 16 (I am the last player in the turn sequence, purple).

Since then it went from Carolus Rex(white) to La Fayette (Green) on April 16 and from La Fayette to DaveV (Blue) on April 20.

Not sure when DaveV sent it on to Eddy (Yellow) but it was some time ago. As far as I know that is where it sits as kengel is next (Light Blue) and is usually quite quick to play. After them only Mostly Harmless (Orange) and it will be back to me......I am thinking it will make a nice Christmas present .

Originally posted by Peaster
                          At the other extreme - ST and I are playing a PBEM duel which is at move 62 [not far behind SoG] after just two weeks.
                          And this is quite the interesting experiment. I look forward to following how it goes. I would like to be in a game that moves along quicker, though the speed at which you and Slowthinker have been playing is too quick for me. I suppose that is the problem, everyone has a different pace at which they can play, so committing the time to a long term PBEM can be difficult, finding 7 players with the same committment, especially to an older game like Civ2, can prove to be almost impossible.

/me

Comment

• Gold, Gold, GOLD!

Finally got some caravans delivered

The Elders of Tarsus keep expecting to see a giant wooden horse wheeled up to the gate of the city...
                            nothing so far...
                            Attached Files

Comment

• bab 2800

Near Kurigalzu our forces attacked an Assyrian stack and after a bloody battle enemy Spearmen were defeated . But Spearmen defended in a town and we didn't descry a small fortress there. So we wondered in the town a part of the Assyrian stack (Chariot II) survived our attack. And unfortunately our boat full of envoys with coffers packed by gold was too behind and wasn't able to bribe the lone Chariot II
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SlowThinker; June 6, 2005, 18:08.
                              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• just in case anybody plays quickly

Back on friday.
                                Have a good time in the meantime (especially Zedanu ).

Comment

Working...
                                X