No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think La Fayette is showing his age if he doesn't know who Jennifer Aniston/Pitt, Angelina Jolie, and Brad Pitt are.......but then again maybe he knows who they are and is wondering what they have to do with Ancient Empires

To answer the last, I think it is nothing but then again, what do you want him to talk about while we wait for the savegame to be posted?

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Thank you SH !
      I don't know whether that should be named lack of culture or difference of culture but I have never heard either of Angelina or of Jennifer
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• I'm not surprised that our European buddies don't know about it. Brad and Jen were the "beautiful couple" that the tabloids once lavished with praise and now lament at their break-up. (Like we should be surprised.)

As Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update said, "If these two got tired of having sex with each other, what hope do the rest of us have?"
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
          what hope do the rest of us have?"
          I consider this a very clear explanation

Comment

• Straybow, just one hour without Brad and Jen, is it possible? Couple of Barracks and Chariots , then back to Angelina .

Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Hmmm...whaaa?? Now I have this vision of spending one hour in the barracks with Jen and Angelina.....man, given that inducement I'd probably re-enlist! Mmmmmm.
              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• SIGN ME UP!
                Wizards sixth rule:
                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• I don't give a hoot about being in barracks in Angelina, only thing I am interested about is to capture those four cities and to finish those three wonders next turn.
                  But it looks Straybow wants to follow our minimum-72-hours-rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                    being in barracks in Angelina,
                    I wonder whether the new pope would approve of such a direct phrasing (though he probably would agree with "close to Angelina" or something like that ).

Comment

• i think it is a typo - it should be "in barracks with Angelina"

Comment

• We all know that typos often reflect what people have in the back of their mind
                        (I don't blame you though )

Comment

• Ummmm, yes... that's right, capture four cities and build three wonders...

I'm not trying to hold to the 72 hr "minimum" ( ) but I need some feedback from Europe as soon as people wake up over there, and by then I'll be asleep...
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Another day, another dollar!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• bab 2810

Today I will narrate something about history of Babylonian plans about the Tigris river.
                              We have docks on this river and Assyria hasn't. This is why in past we planned we would counterattack from here, since our ships would be safe on the river.
                              But when the agressor launched the attack, we noticed there were also two new Assyrian cities founded - "ikli" and "er". We supposed they are some secret strategic cities and were afraid one of them lies at banks of Tigris. This is why our attack wasn't so heavy and fast as we announced. We had to build some warships here and moved forward very cautiously, there was always a scouting ship on front of the formation. But now, it looks there is no Assyrian city here, because we heard no rumors about its presence. Next turn we will know definitely.
                              Although our landing forces didn't attack any Assyrian city yet, they control the shore (with cooperation with our scouts). This year they liquidated a group of Assyrian horsemen that was found on the Kish river. (We have a suspicion their action wasn't controlled by the Assyrian headquarters (?))
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                                Another day, another dollar!
                                ...and +8 units!? The Persians switch all their research efforts from cosmology to blonde fertility symbols with big lips and tight biceps.

Comment

Working...
                                X