• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just the facts, ma'am

Report to follow
    Attached Files
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• The charioteers last moments

In Hattusas King Straybow, the Vizier, and the Chief Royal Astrologer consult the augury.

"The next new moon is auspicious, your Majesty."
      "Send word at once to the Royal Lancers to attack at the new moon!"
      "At once, your Majesty!"

The augury told true. The Lancers set upon Assyrian Skirmishers hiding in the hills near Delos. In the chill weather the undisciplined invaders lit fires to warm themselves on a moonless night, revealing their positions. In the fog of the dawn they were hunted like vermin.

The Lancers moved out into the broad valley to the East. They travel light, trusting the favor of the gods. A week out they come upon local herders who report foreigners encamped nearby. Assyrian charioteers are encamped in the open plain where the power of their charge is unhindered!

After the quarter moon sets the Lancers quietly move near the camp. In the twilight of dawn they strike while the enemy's horses are still tethered and the chariots unhitched. The charioteers fight fiercely on foot with bow and spear but their blood is trampled under the chargers' hooves.
      Attached Files
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
        ST - Thank you for your efforts to keep in touch while away. I was thinking of who could sub for you... for example, I bet Germanos would come out of retirement for that.
        I wouldn't bet on it.
        Wizards sixth rule:
        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• I am home, but I am tired and will play tomorrow. Sorry.
          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Sleep well, ST
            As we say in French: "la nuit porte conseil".
            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• I almost finished my turn, but I noticed something like a possible bug on the Minoan map, so I posted a message to LF...

Comment

• Possible conflict still not resolved... stay tuned...

Comment

• The problem is that the Minoan save is different from the save I play with (the Hittite save).
                  It is because LF sent different saves to the thread and to Straybow by e-mail (which was used for further play). It looks one of them was a partial save (?).

Originally posted by La Fayette in e-mail
                  My only excuse is that I had problems in RL.
                  There is nothing to replay.
                  The whole affair is my mistake. Please pardon me.

Comment

• Oh, I was afraid I'd have to do a replay.

Comment

• Thanks for keeping us informed. If I understand correctly, ST will finish his turn from Straybow's save, and we should disregard LaF's posted save.

Comment

• My friends, the mistake is mine and I beg your pardon.
                        I always post my savegame on the thread and I completely forgot that I had already posted a savegame to straybow by e-mail on march 29th.
                        The differences between the two saves are slight but could be very important since we are at war. Thank you to SlowThinker for noticing it.
                        The savegame I sent to straybow is the only valid one of course, and nothing has to be replayed.
                        Once more please, pardon me !
                        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• bab 2820

Our scouts report they encountered no Assyrian soldiers. Let us see if Zedanu is more dareful than Didanu...
                          In the meantime Babylonian boats with landing forces are lining up...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Peaster, yes, the Minoan save is invalid.

Comment

• I have the save and should be able to play tonight, I havn't had any civ time the past couple days so plese be patient with me.
                              Wizards sixth rule:
                              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• That's OK, real life has its distractions. Clearly we're all upset about this whole Brad and Jen thing.
                                Damn that Angelina Jolie!

Comment

Working...
                                X