No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparrowhawk - I thought the Earthsea trilogy, by Ursula Le Guin, was very good, (though I read it about 25 years ago). The main character is named Sparrowhawk, I think. I really don't know anything about the mini-series, except it is on the sci-fi channel tonight and tomorrow at 9pm Eastern.

Comment

• I am surprised (and pleased) to see this still going. I had completely forgotten about this since I have not visited apolyton since earlier this year. If it's not too hard, can someone give me a high-level recap since I left playing the Greeks? Thanks.

Comment

• Was hoping LF would pick up and do some things before my turn...

Have save, will play ASAP (but right now is beddy-bye )
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Stray

I'm back
          Please, sleep well and wait a few hours (less than 24) before playing, so that I can check that anything is OK as far as I am concerned.
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Steve Clark,
            nothing very important happened, Assyria built HG, there is an alliance between Minoans and Hittites, it looks like relationship between Babylon and Assyria is not good (or they have a secret alliance and they are bluffing ), also relationship between Egypt and Assyria doesn't sound ideal.
            Since many players participated in this PBEM, maybe somebody (who plays from the beginning) could post a rough history on first page?

I am leaving tomorrow morning and it is evident I won't catch to play now. I would like if you can wait - I will come on Sunday.
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Hi guys, I will be on vacation for three weeks , coming back on 9th Jan.
              If the game should go on, I suggest Saprrowhawk will sub me (nothing much to do, more details in an email).

Steve: As the current king of the greek, I am sorry to say that nothing much happened in greece. We are still trying not to starve, LOL

Comment

• I will be away for about one week... Dec 23 to 31st. I can leave instructions with Sparrowhawk. Or, I might be able to play a turn while away, if necessary. Or maybe Stephan will come back by then - who knows?

Happy Holidays and Pleasant Trips to All !

Comment

• Who are these people who don't take Civ2 with 'em on vacation?

/me waits patiently to see if LF re-posts the turn.
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Clark
                    I am surprised (and pleased) to see this still going. I had completely forgotten about this since I have not visited apolyton since earlier this year. If it's not too hard, can someone give me a high-level recap since I left playing the Greeks? Thanks.
                    Hi Steve,

Great to see you here again! I'd have to concur with Slowthinker - it's been a long, slow Empire-building affair. No wars, but a few minor border skirmishes and the occasional diplomatic contretemps spice things up from time to time. A complete round of turns can take a while, although every now and then we accidentally string together a series of back-to-back turns!

Pharoah hears tell that far and far across the great sea lie the vast hinterlands of "Europa" - populated by some barbarians called "Greeks". But as yet no Egyptian has set eyes on them - they could have two heads, for all we know!
                    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Archer

Everything looks fine (thank you, Sparrowhawk).
                      Please, wake up and play!
                      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• 'Tis done
                        Attached Files

Comment

• bab 2860

Since the incident with Assyrian unit in Babylonian territory Babylon and Assyria are formally in war. It is strange Assyria refused to sign a cease fire recently. Babylon could understand mutual discrepancies obstruct Assyria to sign a peace but we cannot understand why Assyria wants to stay in war status.
                          From other side we noticed no Assyrian units trying to approach Babylonian cities. So real situation appears quiet now.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I'm very busy. Last week of the year and all that.

Probably will post on christmas eve.

To King SlowThinker:

You know damned well why you didn't sign any cease-fire, so quit the bollocks and stop spewing crap.

Any negotiation with you is a tedious affair, and in the end you take off on a tangent anyway. It's an endless bickering, and I am not going to continue it here in public now that private conversations have been to no avail.
                            The agony of an insecure southern border is a relief compared to trying to find common ground with you on any subject.
                            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Sub needed

On a more pleasurable note:

I'm going to be away for a lengthy period (5-7 weeks) this spring (april and may).

Since activity on this forum has almost come to an halt, I think it's wise to start looking for subs now .

I've already asked Sparrowhawk if he could sub for me (with me giving him strict instructions) but all in all I think it would be much better if somebosy else could take the burden

So, if more lurkers like Steve are present, why don't you give me a PM?

I'm not going to be that far away from my precious Assyria, in fact I'll be checking progress of Assyrian achievements in the north.
                              Last edited by germanos; February 3, 2005, 17:07.
                              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• SlowThinker The Immortal will take the burden very happily . But he cannot guarantee status in which Assyria will be returned back.

Comment

Working...
                                X