Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost unit

Many thanks to SparrowHawk.
    SparrowHawk found out the unit was lost somewhere after the first use of CivDip. In 2880 the unit changed colors, but in 2870 it doesn't exist.
    I don't think anybody killed it since I am in 'war' by Civ2 terms with Assyrians only and germanos reports nothing.
    (SparrowHawk, could you still check the last save so that we know the exact moment of disappearance?)

I suspected the unit was lost because it was on square that is black on my map and so I run a test on a testing map and vanilla civ. The unit in black didn't disappear, but it wasn't never awakened. So the disappearance is not illuminated, but don't pass units that should be awakened in black.

But what to do now? The unit is not very important, but still I would prefer to have it... but I don't know what to do next...
    1. Replay of last year - that doesn't sound
    2. Conjure the unit in scenario/cheat mode - this was rejected already (in Straybow' case}
    3. hexediting - I can't add a new unit - it is not so easy.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Re: Lost unit

Originally posted by SlowThinker
      (SparrowHawk, could you still check the last save so that we know the exact moment of disappearance?)
      Sure......but which one is "the last save"........the last one you emailed to me?

/me
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• SparrowHawk, I e-mailed you bab-2880-start.net after those 4 saves.

Comment

• lost unit

I got an idea::

I will count turns of movement of my 'virtual' (lost) unit and after it comes in my city I will create it by hexediting (adding shields to a production).
          Any objections?

Comment

• bab 2870

Attached Files

Comment

• Assyrian turn

The Ammonites have build a new city in the hills overlooking the Jordan.

The Governor of Assyrian Colonies and Vassal States expresses his displeasement of Egyptian Caravans travelling east of the Jordan. Presumably they are heading north. These traders are not welcome. When Assyrian traders landed in Egypt in a quest for a tavern to sell their wine (a trip approved by Pharaoh) they received an outright hostile welcome. Roadblocks and a complete unwillingness by the Egyptian populace or officials to even answer the simplest of questions (and this over the course of 30 years) have not been forgotten. The Egyptian traders should turn back and look elsewhere for a place to sell their goods.
              Attached Files
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Re: lost unit

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                I got an idea::

I will count turns of movement of my 'virtual' (lost) unit and after it comes in my city I will create it by hexediting (adding shields to a production).
                Any objections?
                Fine. You can use the cheatmode as well. I have stopped caring.
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Cheatmode:
                  1) Also Kull objected against it
                  2) I am not sure if there is no side effect. The idea is to open a save in SP mode, cheat, save as scenario, continue in playing. But I have a suspicion a scenario is always started by white player and so changes should be done after the violet player. Kull, you should know more about this?

Comment

• I guess Civ2Dip should note that transfering units need to be in a tile "visible" to the receiving party.
                    I have stopped caring.
                    Let's not despair. This is a mechanistic error of some sort.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Pharaoah makes due note of the Assyrian diplomatic tone (and it's glaring omission of "the other half of the story"), and has directed the caravan to turn south.

As to the "missing" Babylonian unit, so long as Sparrowhawk is apprised of the circumstances and can verify that nothing untoward has occurred, the use of hex-editing shoudn't be a problem (cheatmode is obviously verboten). In a related event, one of Pharoah's chariots encountered a Babylonian unit in the desert that did not have a ZOC - perhaps this is the unit?
                      Attached Files
                      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Originally posted by Kull
                        Pharaoah makes due note of the Assyrian diplomatic tone (and it's glaring omission of "the other half of the story"), and has directed the caravan to turn south.
                        An envoy has been send to Egypt in an attempt to find out what this other side of the story is.

Comment

• Despite the threatening sound of drums in the West, the Persians are celebrating the new town of Pasargadae - as well as several exciting ideas brought in by wise men of foreign lands. We are erecting obelisks and steles in honor of the Assyrians, Babylonians and Hittites - and we have another planned for the Egyptians.

The people are somewhat relieved that the mysterious Greeks have moved on without incident. But soon we hope to meet with another strange race from the western seas, the fabled MinnowOnes.

[2004] I have had a hard time downloading files from Apolyton lately. This one took about 10 tries. Is anyone else having trouble? [/2004]

Comment

• The attachment:
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster

[2004] I have had a hard time downloading files from Apolyton lately. This one took about 10 tries. Is anyone else having trouble? [/2004]
                              Nope.

If Stephan is to return, I think he should erect the biggest stèle for you

Comment

• I would like to have a village named after me... maybe something like "Persetpolis"

Comment

Working...
                                X