No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, you have said that several times, and I have no reason not to beleive you.

The fact remains that several times your save has proven to be a problem, and that in all cases replaying solved it. There must be something you do that makes it happen
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Could there be something else in addition to F11 that causes the same problem??

I know this used to be a major problem in our PBEM Game (of which both La Fayette and Kengel are part of) and it hasn't been mentioned in a long time (since we found the F11 bug).

Is there something unique to this scenario perhaps? Or for those of you involved in others PBEM's, has there been any other complaints of this problem since F11 was found?

/me
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
        Could there be something else in addition to F11 that causes the same problem??

I know this used to be a major problem in our PBEM Game (of which both La Fayette and Kengel are part of) and it hasn't been mentioned in a long time (since we found the F11 bug).

Is there something unique to this scenario perhaps? Or for those of you involved in others PBEM's, has there been any other complaints of this problem since F11 was found?

* Sparrowhawk
        That is what I try to figure out

I have had this problem in other PBEM's (pre-'F11') so I'm sure the bug is not related to this specific scenario.

I guess any action that needs comparison between civ's might cause this problem, so perhaps also the 'top 5 cities screen' and/or other features of the game.
        Perhaps this is superfluous (sp?) but it's the demographics that are the problem, accessed by either F11 OR the pulldown-menu order.

I have been thinking it was related to the turn-cycle (with Minoans being last) but since it gets fixed with a replay, that cannot be the issue.
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Of course, I could play each turn twice in a row

(but I would rather try to help analyze what's happening)
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• My position is correct with the new minoan save.

When I tested F11 I tried all Fx keys and all seemed not to cause any disorder, but there may be something else that triggers workers to be replaced.
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Supply and Demand within the Trade Window?
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• If LF replays he plays fast and omits something...
                Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• I sure hope not

But, certainly possible.

La Fayette, if you are in the position to do this (given Straybow's remark just earlier), would you be so kind as to check supply and demand FROM THE SAVE YOU JUST POSTED, and then put it up again?

Comment

• Or perhaps Sparrowhawk can do the honour .

Comment

• I happily would, I am just not clear on what you want me to do......

Load the Minoan save, check supply and demand, save and post the save again (without doing anything else)?

Comment

• exactly

Comment

• Done!

Hopefully someone can tell me if it made any difference

/me

Edit: No one is trading in Slaves at this time. I found this quite funny I checked about 6 different things, I hadn't really noticed what else was available to Trade.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Well, everything is still as it should be.

Dunno if I'm happy or sad

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                              Could there be something else in addition to F11 that causes the same problem??
                              Perhaps it's when his secretary does this:
                              Attached Files
                              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Or when he does this
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X