No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Fayette said he's out of town, away from computers for the week.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Thanks
      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• thinking about hexedit:
        germanos, how many cities? Anybody else? Kull, Peaster?
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• I loaded the hittite save as a SP game, and nothing seemed out of place. The cities that were making farmers are still making farmers...

Comment

• No, it's the position of the "workers" on city tiles that gets changed when someone uses the F11 demographics.
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Oh. Well, I don't remember where the workers were, but I just checked that they are where I want them to be, so I don't think they were moved.

On my turn, I opened the egypt save and F11'd without making any moves. Then I quit and re-opened the egypt save and made my moves. This seemed consistent with what I read in the FAQ. I hope this didn't cause the problem.

Comment

• Egypt?
                I assume you mean Persian correct?
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                  Egypt?
                  I assume you mean Persian correct?
                  Persia plays after Egypt, so logically he'd open the "Egypt Save".
                  To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• ah.......ok, got it!

/me is not too swift
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                      Oh. Well, I don't remember where the workers were, but I just checked that they are where I want them to be, so I don't think they were moved.

On my turn, I opened the egypt save and F11'd without making any moves. Then I quit and re-opened the egypt save and made my moves. This seemed consistent with what I read in the FAQ. I hope this didn't cause the problem.

Below is a screenshot of what can happen to citizens when F11 is pressed.
                      I have allready PM La Fayette with the question on the cause of these malfunctions. IIRC it allready happened two times before with the minoan save, and both times it got fixed after he replayed (ST?).

ST: I have two cities that are affected.
                      Attached Files
                      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• /me pays off spy who tricked germanos into revealing game-clinching Assyrian city info

Comment

• I was wondering who send him in the first place

Comment

• Sorry, guys

I must be a somnambulist, and press F11 at night without waking up.
                            Anyway, I have just replayed.
                            Attached Files
                            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• all clear here

La Fayette, do you have any clue what might cause this?

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
                                La Fayette, do you have any clue what might cause this?
                                Not the slightest idea.
                                I would swear I didn't press F11
                                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Working...
                                X