No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Straybow's initial post, he said that the unit (build by mistake) had hardly moved, yet in the meantime it appears the unit has been keeping moving. (from reading consequetive posts)
    I didn't notice that in Straybow's posts... Anyway I am against a restoration if it travels now.

The issue has been risen to perhaps change production now to a caravan instead of a wonder. Strange. See also Slowthinkers post on that.
    I see no problem with that. For all I care: after shields will be restored to wonder Straybow can change production to anything he wants.

At last: I'm a bit troubled that it takes such a long time before the issue can be solved. IIRC we are allready two turns further...
    I think it is not Straybow's fault so much ... I had no time last turn.
    And Straybow loses shields every turn of delay (on the assumption that he will switch to a caravan).

Considering ST's post: what is this 75% thing you are talking about?
    There was some "if" in the kengel's formulation. You required that evrybody posts his words about the issue and so you should evaluate if these words are sufficient for you.
    My position is that nobody must disagree. I think kengel didn't post a disapproval.

My stance: I agree if unit doesn't travel and if germanos says that he doesn't veto (or did you do it already? I am not sure if you are waiting for some elucidations or not).
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• The unit in question is an Early Chariot, so it moved quickly on my roads 2 turns before I noticed the error. Then it looked like the fix wasn't going to be allowed, and I moved it again. He has not encountered another unit or uncovered any black squares. As it looked like the change may be allowed, I did not move it last turn.

However, to allay any fears of undue information (the absence of foreign units on the river), my Caravan from Ancyra has followed closely behind, to the hills towards Tarsus.

As I explained, when I returned I was debating a switch from WoW to Caravan. Recall that we had to re-play 2940, but according to rules I couldn't change my mind about a major strategic change like that.

By the time I played 2930 in my befuddlement I had set Iconion to Farmer after the spurious unit was produced, completely forgetting earlier strategies. After 3 turns of maybe/no/maybe it is too far gone to take all the shields of a fix even if I were to change to Caravan. I would need one fix for WoW switched to Caravan and then another fix for 2 or 3 turns production on the Farmer to follow. So I proposed waiting until the Farmer is done.

The end result is I get a Caravan 6+ turns later than I would have had it (4+ turns after a fix was first proposed), a Farmer 1-2 turns before I would have had it (I'll hit "space" to freeze it two turns, if that is an issue), and a fearsome donkey-chariot rode through my heartland.

PS: I thought ST and kengel were joking about an international exchange rate.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Complicated business.

Do what you all seem fair, I accept any solution.
        That is the last I say on the subject.
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
          warning: there is a newer ruleset than germanos'link:
          http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...05#post2815505

Thanks.
          Updated on page 1 as well.
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Straybow, this is my view:
            The fact you continued to move the chariot under a maybe/no/maybe situation signifies you reconciled yourself that shields won't be restored. I would expect you stop movement of chariot immediately if you want to keep the question of restoration possible.
            My position turned to not to accomplish the restoration.

I don't want to veto immediately, so I am waiting for opinions of others.

Comment

• At this point you almost need a Phd in "shieldology" to figure out what's going on. I'd say it's worth giving him the shields just so we don't have to hear anything further on this topic!
              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• PhD? No, not even a law degree The amount works out evenly, only the order of appearance is switched.

The fact you continued to move the chariot under a maybe/no/maybe situation signifies you reconciled yourself that shields won't be restored.

Well, I kinda gave up at the first roadblock because it seemed likely to mire in controversy (which it has). Almost sorry I raised the question... except that I do wish I could fix it.

/me mumbles: I've worn Kull down! One more turn of whining should do it...

Me? No, I didn't say anything...
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kull
                  I'd say it's worth giving him the shields just so we don't have to hear anything further on this topic!
                  Exactly my opinion.
                  (and I know that Stray is honest enough to find a method for not getting any undue benefit)
                  Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Guys, thought I'd let you know that I'm still very tied up in things here. I hope to be back in January, but I can't say. Rock on.
                    Follow the masses!
                    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Stefan,
                      I am not sure if Peaster is willing to play with full interest if he doesn't know if and when he will be replaced.
                      IMHO Stefan's position should be preserved until some fixed date, and this date shouldn't be too long.
                      Stefan, realize without Peaster or another substitute your civ would be extremely behind in 2005.

But Peaster's view is very important now.

Peaster, e-mail to you was bounced...

Comment

• Concerning Straybow's shields:
                        You persuaded me. I don't want to be a bad guy here. (Frankly said I was also little bit lazy because not so large amount of shields will be restored due to production change.)
                        I contacted Straybow by e-mail and we are arranging details. If you want to know them I am prepared to post them here

Comment

• Slowthinker,

I got your Nov 5 emails and identical PMs, but I haven't decided how to respond yet. You think too fast for me.

It is true that I am reluctant to plunge 100% into this complex scenario if I am only going to play 4-5 turns. But Stefan has played many more turns than that, so let's give him a reasonable grace period.

BTW - The Persian Steward, awakening after a wild night in Ectabana, has just been informed of a Persian no-scouting policy. This applies to all pilgrims, peddlers and horse people, including the Wandering Greek Cowboys - Yorgos and Penos.

Comment

• A few hrs over the deadline
                            Attached Files

Comment

• problem

During the Minoan turn AI replaced my workers...
                              Because I verified now I am well equiped for hexediting I could do the fix by myself... if you agree.

Comment

• better replay, I'm screwed too.

Comment

Working...
                                X