No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I contacted La Fayette, he had problems with the internet connection and should be OK on Monday.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
      are you not becoming a bit absessed with the cheating possibilities ST?
      Oh no, but I must laugh again if I imagine those people in PBEM community that pretend there is no easy way of cheating.
      I say again that PBEM must be based on confidence.
      Also our game may (if barbs will really come, and I suppose they will) turn from 'the winner is the best liar' (as La Layette said) to 'the winner is the most lucky man'. But I don't complain, the game would be more funny.

BTW, I'm quite sure if you leave your cities undefended (does that sounds familiar?) and leave enough gold in your treasury, your AI could as well 'pay off' the barbs when they roam the Babylonian lands in between the Minoan and Hittite turns
      I'm quite sure it is not true in standard game - I tested it. Why do you think it would work in our scenario?

Originally posted by Kull
      But should they arise, the bad news is that they'll undoubtedly impact only the white player. Just guessing here, but since Barb activity occurs prior to the white player's turn, and since horde locations generally target the human player
      Where did you hear about it? I am not a barb expert, but I always thought barbs appear randomly, without any relation to human positions.

Comment

• I will wait untill tomorrow, If LaFayett hasn't beeen able to DL then I will play on.

AFAIK Barb appearances are random, and I have seen them appear near AI cities many times, but you only get the alert if they are appearing on a part of near one of your cities, so it may seem like they only appear near the human player.

I have gotten many messages that Barbarians have taken another civs city, but that's the only notice you ever really get until you have uncovered that area on the Map and can see the barb movements.

So, There may be a 30 strong horde outside Babylon or Athens and I probably wouldn't know about it.
        Wizards sixth rule:
        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• completely forgot about this yesterday, DL'd and will see if I can get my turn in today for a afternoon post, if not I will post tomorrow.

Sorry to keep you waiting.
          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Guys I'm sorry, I', having problems with creating a civdip file and need to hold out for a bit longer.
            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• OK, here is the save.
              Kengal and Stefan, would you check it out to make sure all your units and stuff are still correct? We had to make a civdip file from an earlier save and I don't want your turns messed up. If anything IS wrong I have the save I originally played without the civdip file.
              Attached Files
              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Originally posted by Zedd
                OK, here is the save.
                Kengal and Stefan, would you check it out to make sure all your units and stuff are still correct? We had to make a civdip file from an earlier save and I don't want your turns messed up. If anything IS wrong I have the save I originally played without the civdip file.

This sounds terribly fishy WTF is going on?

I for sure don't want MY turns messed up.
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Slow thinker and I arranged to swap techs, but for some reason the babalonians will not show up when I am using civdip, so he went back to the save from HIS turn to make a civdip file and sent it to me.

I don't know how civdip affects a sav file and wanted to make sure there were no ill effects. Yaroslav thiks it will be OK, but i felt you guys deserved a fair chance to make sure things are on the up and up.
                  Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Oh, I see

And it's perfectly normal Babylon doesn't show up, since you haven't met them in-game. Babylon can see you, thanks to the Diplomatic System Wonder.
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• In the desert I found a bonfire and 8 tiny men around it. They are very polite and reserved a place in the centre for me.

I will be out of net next week.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Harsu, son of Imsu, has ascended to the Throne. He has been inaugurated in the new temple in the city of Tell Hariri, dedicated to Nanna: deity of the moon, Guardian of time.
                        Significant reforms have taken place in the last decade under his reign, most notably city-names.
                        (I have found some maps of ancient Mesopotamia, and have been able to track down some cities. Also, there are plenty cities know from historical sources, but who have not yet been positively located: they make good candidates for cities that are now build in places where historically speaking there were none.

Changed are :
                        Tikrit --> Kurigalzu (Tikrit was just waaaaay too far of its location)
                        Tatvan --> Tushpa (ancient name of present-day Van)
                        Nimit Ishtar --> Nisibin (the latter has not been located yet, but it's bound to be in the region)
                        Tell Mardich --> Tell Hariri (I had mixed up Ebla and Mari)

An envoy, carrying a PM from Harhu, has been send to King Minos. He will travel via new lands in the west where Minoans roam, and that is known to Assyria as Iatana, or so the locals tell us.

A message to both Egypt and Hatta, whose subordinates have been pick-nicking along the Euphrates: the river is a frequently used way of travel in the Assyrian Empire, and it would be much appriciated if it could stay that way.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by germanos; May 16, 2004, 02:17.

Comment

• May the blessings of Ra shine down upon Harsu all the days of his long and glorious reign. Egypt extends unto him the same hand of friendship that greeted his father and his father before that.

Pharoah recognizes Assyria's claim to the Euphrates, and begs the indulgence of the new king for the band of Skirmishers that currently travels along it's course. These peaceful scouts seek passage into the northland and would appreciate guidance from the Assyrian monarch such that we may bypass thy cities and exit thy realm with all due speed.
                          Attached Files
                          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Originally posted by Kull
                            May the blessings of Ra shine down upon Harsu all the days of his long and glorious reign.

These peaceful scouts seek passage into the northland and would appreciate guidance from the Assyrian monarch such that we may bypass thy cities and exit thy realm with all due speed.
                            Harsu thanks Pharaoh for his kind words.
                            Thy Scouts will be given all hospitality, and we will provide them with guide that will bring them to Assyria's northern border as swift as a swallow flies.

Comment

• Persian troops accidentally entered Assyrian territory near Karkemish. On behalf of the warriors, we ask the Assyrian king for apologies. We will withdraw the troops whithin the next 100 years.

Another evil barbarian village was located near Godin.

The barbarian tribe near Behistun is now pacified. Three cheers!
                              Attached Files
                              Follow the masses!
                              30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Apologies to our assyrian friends, the scouts mission is to seek out other cities for trade/commerce and I fear they were a bit careless in choosing thier route. they will move from thier river camp soon.
                                Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Working...
                                X