No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An agreement is being negotiated as we speak.
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Straybow
      I am on line.
      Could you please send me the IP number?
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Your PM box is full! 63.184.233.135
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Sorry for my PM box.
          I have just tried your IP number , but there is a problem with the connection. I try again now.

Comment

• Errr, what now?

/me feels nooobish
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I suggest that we try the other xay round: you post your save to Apolyton; I become the host and you try to join me.

Comment

• OK, here it is

Subject to amendment as soon as we do this exchange

[edit: remove out-of-date file]
                Last edited by Straybow; October 27, 2003, 14:44.

Comment

• Stray
                  I guess there is a problem with my connection. I give up. Good night

Comment

• OK, we'll try again when your turn comes around.

Comment

• Slowthinker, I'm awaiting a reply from germanos. But if by 2:00 pm 'Poly time neither he nor I indicate an exchange is to be made the save is yours.

/me doublechecks memory that he [Ctrl][n]ed

Comment

• Strawboy:

I got your PM. I'm a little confused now about the time you metioned: 2 pm Polytime. Was that yesterday (sunday) or is it today (monday)?

As I post this, it's 6:30 Polytime (monday), so I guess you would want your money within the next seven-and-a-half hours?

Check also your PM box.
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Ok, I've done my best to figure out the timezone's a bit:

As far as I can determine, Straybow posted at 2 a.m Polytime (sundaynight). (which was 1 a.m. local time for him)
                          So: Straw hopes he and I can exchange the refund (for the money I looted from Tarsus) today, before 2 p.m. Polytime.

I'm home now, and I will log on to Poly every full hour.

[edit] Strawboy =Straybow
                          I must be getting dyslectic

What is a straybow? or does it not have a meaning? [/edit]
                          Last edited by germanos; October 27, 2003, 08:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by La Fayette
                            I suggest that we try the other xay round: you post your save to Apolyton; I become the host and you try to join me.
                            What do you try to do?

As far I understand, La Fayette will take the Hittite save of 3070, open the game, so Babylon, Assyria, Egypt ... (up to Minoan civ) will be played by AI, then La Fayette will get control of his empire in 3070...

AFAIK the system of Civ2 MP, the host must be the player whose turn runs, and exchanges must be done in that turn, and the game must be saved (i.e. MP session must be finished) in that turn.
                            (a possible exception: there is no other player between trading players - for example Babylon and Assyria could start a MP session in Bab turn (Bab must be the host) and finish in Assyria turn)
                            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Oh? I suppose that if La Fayette had loaded my save and not clicked on the panel or hit enter it wouldn't have done the intervening players as AI. Then the only things that would change would be our exchanges of money, tech, or whatever. La Fayette could save and post the file. Yes? No?

Earlier when I was trying to get used to this PBEM thing I loaded in a non-hittite save and nothing happened. I didn't get the "It it your turn to move your units" message until I clicked on the panel. Then the AI played the intervening player(s).

Anyway, on my try I waited as host, got La Fayette logging in to play, then couldn't contact him once I loaded the game. We don't know what went wrong.

The situation was also complicated by lack of off-channel chat. The ancient version of ICQ that I found in a dusty corner wouldn't log in. I'm going to try something else to make contact easier.

germanos and I will do a swap around 1300 'Poly time (which is EST as am I), assuming the kinks can be worked out. If La Fayette is around he can try again, too.

PS: Straybow is a play on words: Strabo is an ancient Greek historian.
                              A "stray bow" would be a less dangerous version of a loose cannon.

Comment

• Straybow:

I'll be here in hour. Thanks for the clarification on the timezone, I understand now.

I assume you will host.

It is important you wait untill I have connected before you actually launch the game.

What is the folder in which you have stored the scenario and the .net games? I have it as SoGPBEM, so I'll probably have to rename it.

See you in an hour, germanos.

NB: you might want to add me to your ICQ list. Use the link for that here on Poly, or send a message to 10445635

Comment

Working...
                                X