X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I PMed tanelorn now...
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Sadly, I cannot commit myself to any PBEM's till early December. Sorry.
      "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
      -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
      "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
      "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• I appreciate the efforts being made to scare up some other players, but in the meantime here's a non-AI alternative:

Let Slowthinker (if he's willing), take on both the Babylonians AND the Greeks. The Babylonians seem to be a marginal civ at this point in the game, and the Greeks are literally at the other end of the world. Neither civ even shares the same neighbors, so it's basically impossible to "gang them up" on anyone.

If Kengel will accordingly agree to take on the Hittites, we'll have a full complement of players and can get this baby moving again.

Thoughts?
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• at Kull

If SlowThinker is willing, I say: Let's go!
          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Do you mean it is a temporary solution (the Greeks will be passed to first new player coming) or I will have a doubled civ with 2 capitals?
            Anyway I am not very happy with that.
            About temporary solution - I can't divide my mind, imagine both civs would want to build the same wonder.

I could agree but only as a last solution.
            I will try to ask some more people.

Comment

• Kulls suggestion sounds acceptable to me; we could set a kind of "deadline" for waiting for a new player (let's say end of oct.). If till then no new player appears, maybe Slowthinker might be persuaded to take over the greek preliminary?

Comment

• Hmmmmm...
                Your pressure forced me to get Straybow...

Comment

• Thanks for the invite to assume Hittite position. Have d/l the scen, must head to work now. Will find Yaro's utility later tonight and make sure it works with my trusty ol' Win95 machine.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I don't think the Hittites have any canal city (yet).
                    Nevertheless I am very happy to have a skilled archer as new neighbour. Welcome Stray (and beware the treacherous and bloodthirsty neighbours on your eastern 'border').
                    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Originally posted by La Fayette
                      I don't think the Hittites have any canal city (yet).
                      Nevertheless I am very happy to have a skilled archer as new neighbour. Welcome Stray (and beware the treacherous and bloodthirsty neighbours on your eastern 'border').
                      Welcome aboard Strawboy!

And the Minoan King wouldn't be refering to the wealthy, powerfull and generous Assyrians, does he

The wise Egyptian Pharaoh could maybe provide for a less biased view on matters, as he is still mediating an end to the Assyrian-Hittite conflict. Feel free to PM him, or me.

Who's turn is it? The Greek (kengel)?
                      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
                        And the Minoan King wouldn't be refering to the wealthy, powerfull and generous Assyrians, does he
                        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Great... that means we are on the road again
                          Welcome Straybow!

Here my first turn of the greeks:
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Arrrrgh! Sun says Win95 is unsupported for J2RE 1.4
                            Opera 7 doesn't support J2RE 1.3

I still use Netscape for email, lets see if J2RE 1.3 will load for Yaro's Civ2Dip to work if I reinstall.
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• No go. Civ2Dip.jar doesn't load.
                              ClashD6_12.jar does load.

I am puzzled.
                              Last edited by Straybow; October 23, 2003, 21:31.

Comment

• You needn't it. You can use online connection in place of it.
                                If you want really use it try to ask Yaroslav...

Comment

Working...
                                X