No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am also changing city names to historical ones. However Iskenderun is Turkish for Alexandretta (Alexander= Iskender). Alexander hasn't been born yet

This is usefull, since it makes it possible to understand what's going on between saves, by having some common point of refference.

I agree with the rest.

Now that I think of it, I had at least one settler relocated, though at the time I figured I hadnt pressed ctrlN. Darn!
    "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
    -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
    "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
    "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• Shall I play my turn again? I think at least tanelorn played after me.
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Originally posted by tanelorn

Now that I think of it, I had at least one settler relocated, though at the time I figured I hadnt pressed ctrlN. Darn!

I think we are still talking about two different things:

SlowThinker and I have had changes INSIDE our cities, and the workers citizens we refer to are the ones as shown below.

For some reason, apparently due to the F11 key, the game switches the workers to other squares then the ones we left them when our turn was finished.

LaFayette:

I'm not sure if its necessary, but maybe it is a good idea to replay your turn, just doing what you did before, exept pressing the F11(demographics screen). Do you remember if you pressed the F11 key?

Atleast we will have a possibility to check if the F11 key is what caused the problem for SlowThinker, so yeah, go ahead and replay and post the (hopefully) clean save.
        Attached Files
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Go Minoans!
          Again!
          BTW, we cool or what?

Comment

• new save

Here it is, without pressing F11
            Attached Files

Comment

• Poseidon renewed his gift to tou, Minoans.
              @ Everyone: If you d' like me to keep events messages concerning you confidential, just tell me to.
              Assyria, you're up.
              Attached Files

Comment

Poseidon renewed his gift to tou, Minoans.
                Fine!
                If anyone else also has gifts to the Minoans, you are welcome

Comment

• Clarification: I didn't give you anything. You got some units by events. Because I am first in the game sequence, only I see such messqges and report them to the rest.

Comment

Clarification: I didn't give you anything.
                    but you are free to do so
                    ...though I suppose you won't

Comment

Poseidon renewed his gift to tou, Minoans.
                      @ Everyone: If you d' like me to keep events messages concerning you confidential, just tell me to.
                      Assyria, you're up.

What happened to the Babylonians?

And I strongly oppose that you keep any events-based messages a secret!
                      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

In SoG, the turn-based Event messages are intended for everyone, although in a PBEM only the first player sees them - hence the requirement for tanelorn to make them public. Confidentiality is not an option.

On the separate subject of gifting cities and units, here's my primary objection: Those are NOT features of the standard Civ2 engine, and this scenario was not designed with such options in mind. Plus, both features are simply ripe with imbalancing possibilities. What if a player decides to quit the game, and - instead of allowing us to search for a replacement - gives almost every city and unit to another player? We can either spend weeks finetuning the "rules of gifting" or just simplify matters by prohibiting this altogether. A player could do the same thing with gold or techs, but that IS a feature of the existing game engine, so while I might not like the tactic, at least it's an accepted part of the game.
                        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Pah! City-gifting is easy. Just use CivCity. It's been done in other PBEMs. However city gifting by capture and unit gifting entail tech-leak aswell... Tricky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kull

On the separate subject of gifting cities and units, here's my primary objection: Those are NOT features of the standard Civ2 engine, and this scenario was not designed with such options in mind.
                            I rest my case

Comment

• Now I had no relocated workers...

There is some logic that the engine must recalculate Civs after F11 and so look in cities. But I don't understand why Minoan F11 spoils Babs and Babs F11 spoils Assyrians.

germanos, did you do testing at Imperialism 1870 game?
                              Attached Files
                              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Apology and hotseat mode

I am sorry, I clicked on status window at end of my turn and the AI started to manage your civs: I noticed somebody is building a wonder (AI stopped the building), but I was enough resourceful not to read details.

This invokes a question why we don't use hotseat mode? See AI relocating workers; Hotseat mode .
                                Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Working...
                                X