• Show
Clear All

• I can also play the Minoans...until victory
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Re: Rules

Originally posted by SlowThinker
      Back to PBEM rules:
      Which kinds of interaction can I realize with Hittites although I have no contact with them?
      I suppose it is not allowed to swap maps, techs etc.
      But can we arrange an alliance, war against an opponent etc.? Can we share info about techs that we posses/develop, units moving?

Anyway I think that any contact (if allowed) should go through a public channel - i.e. this thread.

Why ask such a question when you give the answer yourself?
      Obviously the Babylonians have no idea who, what or where the Hatte are, so how can they negotiate?
      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Re: Rules

Why I ask? I suppose this was for me:
        Originally posted by tanelorn
        Babylonians, since you do not intend to perpetrate acts of agression yourself, our envoys approach you with honourable intentions and gifts of good will. May we meet soon.
        I prefer a rule that forbid any kind of negotiations, but
        there is a problem that we can always negotiate betwen the lines. For example, if I will post in this thread:
        Assyrians, I hate you, if Hittites will attack you, I will help them.
        then it is a signal sent to Hittites.
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• We should answer to EZRhino and La Fayette.
          I wasn't here when Yop left, so I don't know if there is a chance he will come back. I think EZRhino is more appropriate for a replacement if Yop will come back, and La Fayette is better if Yop is off definitely...

Comment

• Dude, the Hittites are as peaceful as ever, we keep our chariots for racing
            They're scythed chariots, so what? We mow the loan!
            "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
            -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
            "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
            "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• tanelorn, so I am calm. I will try that trick with mowing too.

Comment

• Techtree
                Because I don't know the scenario very well, I added improvements, wonders and units to Kull's techtree. The file is in the MS Word format. It is not fully finished, also there may be errors (please warn about them)...
                Unit stats are
                Attack/Defense/HPxFP Movement Cost

Map Making
                I should warn all that exchanging maps is possible only with a possession of Map Making. It is easy to miss it out - in past this happened between Babylon-Assyria and Persia-Assyria. Our kingdoms apologize.
                I ask you to report other map exchanges that were realized in the past.

HutFinder
                I have heard that HutFinder don't work here. But I am using Civ2Beakers (link in GL) and it works...

Cultures (probably for Kull)
                I looked in the techtree: I noticed there are Egyptian (Automobile), Assyrian (Industrialization) and Persian (Invention) Culture in the techtree. I know Invention prevents techs from huts and lowers caravan delivery output, but what does Industrialization and Automobile do? Nethog's reference Pack says they only increase pollution.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Map Making

I just found out you need only a contact in MP games for swapping maps. So we should arrange a rule. I vote for Map Making because the way through the techtree is more interesting then.

Edit: Eeeh...but from other side if some of us exchanged maps already then others shoudn't be disavantaged...

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                    HutFinder
                    I have heard that HutFinder don't work here. But I am using Civ2Beakers (link in GL) and it works...

Cultures (probably for Kull)
                    I looked in the techtree: I noticed there are Egyptian (Automobile), Assyrian (Industrialization) and Persian (Invention) Culture in the techtree. I know Invention prevents techs from huts and lowers caravan delivery output, but what does Industrialization and Automobile do? Nethog's reference Pack says they only increase pollution.
                    About Hutfinder: how could it not work? is it really the case??

About the Culture techs: Automobile, if I'm not mistaken, makes the population produce pollution (if pollution isn't disabled).
                    These 3 techs are used for the cultures because they define different city styles! (but maybe you knew that and just wanted to know the consequences it had on the various civ??)
                    Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                    Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                    POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                    LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyrion
                      About Hutfinder: how could it not work? is it really the case??
                      Ask germanos...

I didn't perceive that thing with city styles, thank you.

Comment

• Bump

For Kull:

You are way overdue, dude

To Cyrion:
                        Hutfinder doesn't work on 'upgraded to MGE' Civ2, IIRC. In any case, it doesn't work for me.

Never mind though, I just scout the surroundings with my vast amount of scouts
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• HutFinder

I think HutFinder must be independent on the Civ2 version. Or map coordinates are different with different versions?
                          Anyway I don't want an advantage concerning huts : the seed number is 1, then Civ2Beakers works.

Comment

• So whats the verdict?
                            Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
                            Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

• my deepest apologies guys.....will play tomorrow (it's 3 am, plane just got in.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
                              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Originally posted by EZRhino
                                So whats the verdict?
                                Since Yop has disappeared and EZRhino claimed them first, normally he'd get the Minoans. However, if he can only play until the end of September, I'd prefer to give them to LaFayette since he's indicated he'll play permanently. Please clarify.
                                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
                                X