No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And from the ashes of old Assyria arose a strong and healthy Kingdom.

The decade of Anarchy has passed now that the Assyrian Wise Men have decided Assyria, vast as it is, must be ruled by a strong Family, a devine Family, to whom the Gods have benevolently entrusted the rule of the land and its servents.
    Yangi, a distant relative of old Adamu (may the Gods have mercy on his soul), has been seen in the many visions of the priests, and he has accepted the Throne of Assyria, second to the Gods only.

Great reforms have taken place, and more recources will be allocated to the education of the people.

For most, the tired and wounded scouts have rested, but still two Towns were visited. It brought Assyria Gold and wisdom on the use of Tin.

The Lake of Arrapkha appears to be odly salty…We wonder if such lakes are common in this part of the world.
    Attached Files
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Mekret was pleased. Behind him, smoke from the burning city of Gaza rose high into the sky. Ahead a chain of captives trudged slowly, mournfully westward towards Egypt. Soon they would till new fields, freeing up more Egyptians to join the armies moving relentlessly across the Eastern Desert. It was true after all, and the reports from Ar-Seth and the distant Galilee-bound 4th Skirmishers had confirmed it - Canaan WAS a land of milk and honey. Soon - very soon - all it's cities would join those along the Nile in proclaiming allegiance to the Nomarch of Memphis!
      Attached Files
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Oh lucky towns through Asia's peopled realms!
        Oh thou lucky land of Persia, the port of boundless wealth
        Thou hast the fortune of bidding welcome thy new and glorious
        Great King Cyrus!!! His powers are unseen of the world and
        Only the King of Assyria is close to his state!
        May Ahura Mazda watch over thee and thy children, oh great Persia!
        (That means Persia enterred Monarchy; first two sentences courtesy of Aeschylus, slightly changed to better match this context)

(almost) All is well for the glorious Persian empire. In the north, scouts are exploring the shores of a great lake in hope of one day founding new settlements here. Some other unlucky scouts have met villainous barbarians at the river Araxes in northern Media Atropatene; they are unlikely to survive a battle, but the Barbarians pose no real threat. Meanwhile, Tabari mercenaries have joined the Persian army and are travelling the sacred road between Ecbatana and Rhagae in hope of encountering the Barbarians before they make too much uneccesary trouble.
        Attached Files
        Follow the masses!
        30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• If Zeus could somehow use his magical powers and obtain a modern ship transport, that would be most advantageous.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Minoan explorers continue to sail the 7 seas.
            Attached Files
            Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• I'm heading off to my sister's wedding and won't be home until Monday, 4/28 (so please be patient). Thanks!
              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I just downloaded the turn because of the server being down and all, please wait a bit. Btw, where are all the graphics?
                "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• Melitene joined the empire, slaves from the west flock to the capital.
                  Attached Files
                  "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                  -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                  "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                  "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• Assryia:
                    For some reason I'm having problems with Civdip and javaweb with regards to windows 2000. So only way to make a trade is directly. You arange the time, i'll try to be here.

Nothing happend today, scouts have reported nothing for months. There is some strange news however, we currently are at war with Persia. We request help from are ally, Assryia!
                    Attached Files
                    Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Originally posted by Civfan
                      Assryia:
                      For some reason I'm having problems with Civdip and javaweb with regards to windows 2000. So only way to make a trade is directly. You arange the time, i'll try to be here.

Nothing happend today, scouts have reported nothing for months. There is some strange news however, we currently are at war with Persia. We request help from are ally, Assryia!
                      Hostilities between Babylon and Persia are truly disturbing ! We ask Babylon if they could provide some more information on the nature of the situation, either publicly or via private channels.
                      Assyria hopes the situation could be solved diplomatically, as Assyria has friendly relations with with nations.

To Babylon we propose a meeting between 2 to 6 pm Babylonian Time (5 to 9 pm Universal Coordinated Time), either tomorrow ar the day after.
                      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Persia is ready to settle the conflict by any means. No Persian soldier will cross the Tigris! A peace treaty should be signed as soon as possible, for Persia has no interest in Mesopotamia.

In other news, I'll be in Budapest next week, so I posted for a substitute in the Players needed thread, I hope somebody will answer by Saturday (the 27th), else we'll have to have the AI govern Persia for some decades...
                        Follow the masses!
                        30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• the following day will probably be best as I'll be out tomorrow for most of the day and not sure about the evening. So for me it will be on Saturday.
                          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Universal Coordinated Time, sorry not quite sure.

its 8:30 pm right now and GMT is 01:30
                            Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• UCT is basically GMT without any daylight-saving time

Very well you posted your time though, I miscalculated 1 hour

So 2 pm for you will be 8 pm for me, which is fine. I'll probably be home till 10 pm. I'll check the threat regularly.

Tomorrow I'll have a much wider window of opportunaty though. Basically from when you get up to 4 pm your time.

I hope to meet you soon.

I have AIM and ICQ.(see my profiel)

Comment

• looking at things, your proably asleep or drunk. anyways see you tomorrow, i'll pm u when i get on which is probably around 11am -4pm
                                Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
                                X