No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yop posted in another thread earlier today, so since he is around I PMed him for his turn. Let's wait till tomorow, then I 'll post (the 16th).
    "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
    -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
    "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
    "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• Sorry guys ...
      Attached Files
      Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• The Hittite army continues its slow push down the levant. Soon, we 'll be meeting those Egyptians the Canaanites gossip about. They say that the "Egyptians" make excessive use of make-up and perfumes, even men! Of course, this must be dismissed as mere slander, since it is the Canaanites that run from the afrikans, not the other way around. They even speak of Egyptian soldiers black as jet! Yeah, right...

In the West, a group of swordsmen cross the bosporus (ox-passing) to meet the entrenched Greek horsemen on the European shores. Now that we have established contact, we shall pull back to Asia. If there is anything you might want, feel free to contact us. If you wish, we can arrange for the passage of your envoys to the Eastern rulers, now.

The word on the streets of Hatussas is that the Persian kingdom lies further east than legendary Cathay itself.
        Attached Files

Comment

• nothing much to report

Bablyon troops move away from Persia
          Attached Files
          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• I'll be on the road until Friday, so please be patient. If I can get a 'net connection and some free time, I might be able to play earlier. Thanks!
            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Our beloved King Yangi has died, and his body has been balmed and put in the tombs so recently finished.
              His son Kitlamu has taken his place on the Throne.

Kitlamu has inherited an empire that now houses 400.000 souls and the vastness is unimaginable. Scouts keep on looking for new lands, and new tribes. This decade, we found four. One of the villages turned against Assyria, and the scouts have dug in to defend Assyria's borders. One tribe has tought us beautifull things in metal working, and Assyria has now entered the Bronze Age. Another tribe put their swordsmen under Assyrian militairy control, and they have been send to join the battle in the desert against the barbarians in their forts.
              And last but not least we have met tribesmen in the west, who swear alligiance to a distant ruler, the Nomarch of Egypt. The tribesmen have asked for an audience with the Assyrian King. Although not unwilling to establish contact with the Egyptians, this ragged band of Skirmishers, clearly still suffering from battles fought, was deemed not a fitting party to travel to the courts in Nineveh and meet the noble newly inaugurated ruler. Long distance runners were dispatched, and a PM has been send to the Egyptian ruler, carried by a royal envoy.

Hatte scouts, two groups of them, have been seen traveling in the Orontes river valley. The Assyrians wish to know what their quest is in these Assyrian lands? The land ahead of them is full of dangers, most notably the Barbarian fortresses a few leagues away. The Hatte ruler is advised to disclose their goal, so that Assyrian and Hatte scouts don't get in the way of eachother.
              Attached Files
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• From beneath the welcome shade of a Tamarisk, Mekret stared grimly at the approaching army of foreign skirmishers. Earlier in the day, a few scouts had raced in with news of these "Assyrians", but they were far too close - and too numerous - to avoid. After years of warfare, the Canaanites had been largely subdued, but Mekret's Veteran 4th skirmishers were now sadly reduced in number. His instinct - as always - said "Fight!", but the respective size of their forces counseled a different strategy. Besides, the Nomarch had warned him in no uncertain terms that this day would come - and conflict would not be allowed.

"The merchants who travel by land and sea have long spoken of great empires to the North and East. One day we will meet, and the result - be it war or peace - is a matter for Nomarchs and Kings to decide - not generals!"

Hmmph. So be it. One day there would be a different Nomarch ruling Egypt - perhaps even one named Mekret - and on that day a different tune would play. But for now he would assume the role of gracious host and see what these Assyrians had to say for themselves. Although their Barbaric appearance, enhanced by hairy torsos and great black beards, didn't look promising. By contrast, shaved clean from head-to-toe, garbed in the finest linens and heavily perfumed to ward off the expected olfactory assault, Mekret proudly went forth to show these bearded ones the look and bearing of a civilized man, an Egyptian Lord of High Birth!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Kull; May 24, 2003, 10:55.
                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• The Barbarians in the north have been defeated. River Araxes is now safe.
                  Rumours are spreading of a foreign empire called Hittites. The Persians are eager to meet them. We wonder how long it will take to meet them.

The Great King is very happy about Babylons decision for peace. Persian troops will cross the Zagros mountains only to defeat an old city which has been a hostile enemy to Persia for many centuries. We will take this city and add it to our empire. This will not be an act of aggression against Babylon.
                  Attached Files
                  Follow the masses!
                  30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Bablyon has no issues with regard to this city as Bablyon asked for assistence from Assyria to remove the barbarians from their place.
                    Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• We look forward to a for peaceful and cooperative future.
                      Follow the masses!
                      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• 'Poly has been nearly intolerable slow for me.

Finally getting close to my destinations.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Well, that should have to do something with the Algiers earthquake. The undersea cables got severed, so Euro-American communication for several providers became problematic. Not to mention DNS problems within Europe... I only got online today.

Comment

• I suppose it is Yop who DLed the last turn. I 'll wait for him to go, after I PM him first

Comment

• SuperduperBUMP Yop!!!

(I say: lets roll)
                              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• The great Hittite leader assumes the title of King. The entire Hatti nation rejoices! May the gods favor shine uppon us. Month long festivities are held in Hatussas.
                                Disturbing news reach the newly established court though, as it seems that a unit of skirmishers barely escaped a phrygian horsemen ambush. The Phrygians were pacified long ago, how could this be? Could this be but the first sign of an impending revolt among the Phrygian vassals? Others wishper about Lydian imvolvement still. We shall deal with them with extreme prejudice nontheless.
                                In the south, the word comes that Minoan power is breaking down, as unrully Cretan pirates land where they shouldn't, breaching age-old agreements.
                                In the North, Hittites watch the Greeks wondering, what they are waiting for, across the empty shores...
                                In Canaan, well, we are on a picnic excursion... just like everybody else (Assyrians, Egyptians and probably Babylonians too). It is rumored that the Memphites smell like pansies (the flower). Pah! nothing beats good old pastrami, if you ask me...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X