• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go.
    Attached Files
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Defensive units for my cities and came across another camp of horse ranchers. They will slowly continue to uncover the rocky, jagged landscape of Ionia.
      Attached Files

Comment

• The Alphabet discovered. Minoan artists begin to write little texts about the Might king Minos.
        Band of settlers discovers a new island. They like it so much, they will probably start a new town there ...
        Attached Files
        Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• Nothing to report.
          Attached Files
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• another town crushed into the mighty roman empire
            Attached Files
            Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Roman empire???

Comment

• Error Alert!

While playing the scenario online, a bug was found.

You must NEVER trade your unique Culture to someone else, it ruins the events file and makes talking via diplomancy immpossible!

I was Greece, and Egypt traded "Eygptian culture" to me, my cities then used the Eygpt graphic instead of Classical, we couldn't talk, and the events file malfunctioned.

Paul, you should create "not" techs for each power to prevent this, for example Greece should have "not egypt", and "not" for the other five civs as well, these "not" techs should obsolete the "culture" techs, to prevent problems.
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

• Re: Error Alert!

Originally posted by Chris 62
                  While playing the scenario online, a bug was found.

You must NEVER trade your unique Culture to someone else, it ruins the events file and makes talking via diplomancy immpossible!
                  I'm REALLY surprised to hear this. All the "culture techs" are "no,no", and thus normally invisible. When playing a typical game against the AI it's impossible to trade - or trade for - one of these techs. For example, as the Egypt civ, Egyptian Culture appears in my list of "already researched" techs but it can't be offered for trade. Nor can any of the other culture techs be researched or traded for.

Is this a known problem with multiplayer games? (i.e. that "no,no" techs are tradeable)

Paul, you should create "not" techs for each power to prevent this, for example Greece should have "not egypt", and "not" for the other five civs as well, these "not" techs should obsolete the "culture" techs, to prevent problems.
                  Unfortunately that's not possible. Every usable tech is already spoken for. The only ones available have bad side effects, such as enabling railroad or airbase construction.
                  To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I sugest your put a warning in the scenario readme then, to caution players about this.

I have no idea if this is a known bug, most scenarios aern't constructed with MP in mind.

As I said, this happened in a game I was playing with a live opponent, no idea if it effects the AI.

Comment

• No, nos can be traded in online MP, its up to the players to not do so.

This is an unfortunate MP bug in the game that is unsolvable (not *insert civ name*) techs are also tradable in MP.
                      Sadly there is no way at all to prevent tech trading of specific techs in online mp.
                      Last edited by Henrik; November 7, 2002, 13:39.
                      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

• Sorry

Not much, on village raided.
                        Attached Files
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Dahshur: Clash of the Nomarchs

And so it was that after two suns of steady, relentless jogging the 1st Skirmishers are finally able to camp within sight of the smaller village, there to pass a tense and restless night. But fires are not lit and voices remain hushed, and thus the sudden appearance of armed men in their midst comes as a complete surprise to the villagers next morning. Presented with the same "Nomarch Deal" as the Saqqarans, the people remain silent until finally one man stands to speak for all. Hezi's recent election as Village Headman had seemed such a blessing at the time - his wife and children thrilled at the opportunity for a greater share of the upcoming harvest - but now he feels only the heavy weight of doom upon his shoulders. "It's an easy thing for you to promise aid, Nomarch of the North, but you live far from this land. Besides, we have already pledged our service to the Nomarch Mekret - upon pain of death! For he is a man of foul temper and has an army of his own. Do you hear? Those cocks crow in his town! Please, we beg of you - leave swiftly while you yet may!"

Throughout this discourse the Nomarch utters not a word, his eyes hard and unblinking as they gaze upon the frightened villager. Long after the speech not a sound is uttered or move made and quietly Hezi prays that Ptah and Anubis will bless his journey through the underworld - certain that his life is now forfeit. And then the silence is broken as the lionskin-clad Nomarch offers up a question - along with the barest trace of a smile. "'Pain of Death' is it? The "deal" he offered you? Well so be it. But if perchance the Death in Question is that of Mekret himself - that frees you to enter my service, yes?"

Instantly, without pausing for answer the Nomarch cries, "Warriors! To me!", and sprints toward the nearby town. Around him brave hearts surge forward, none wanting to be last, all suddenly fearful for the life of their leader. Ahead, a lone guard spies the onrushing skirmishers, and briefly shouts out a warning - until arrows still his voice forever. But the alert spreads and throughout the town cries of warning and terror rise up into the clear desert sky. Troops muster quickly, and the White Crown of Mekret is visible, striding amongst his men with fierce words and a stave to encourage the laggards. Within moments the 1st Skirmishers reach the line of warriors and crash in amongst their enemies. Surprised by this sudden and unlooked for battle, sleep still clogging many an eye and mind, Mekret's men stagger backward. Quailing before the onslaught several men turn to flee, but the retreat is stemmed when the first of these is slain in his tracks by the furious Mekret. Quickly realizing that this one man is the key to the battle, Unas fights his way toward Mekret and they furiously spar back and forth, each man giving and receiving frightful blows. Suddenly an arrow flies in through the crowd and pierces the arm of Unas! Without thinking, eyes shifting to seek out this new threat, his guard drops for but a moment.

It is all the opening Mekret needs. With a grim laugh he drives his spear forward to impale the unlucky Unas, who can only grimace before the unstoppable blow. Which is when the great Spear of Ra-a-Memfes crashes down upon that of Mekret, snapping it like a dry reed. Surprised, Mekret turns toward this new threat but it is too late. He sees the weapon is borne by a Lion - thinks "how can this be?" and then falls to the earth senseless as the butt end of the great spear catches him full in the temple. Seeing their leader's White Crown rolling in the dust, his warriors lose all hope and the battle ends almost as suddenly as it began. But this has been a fierce fight and many of the 1st Skirmishers will never again drink with their friends or laugh with their families. To them there remains only the long journey into the West and the hope of life eternal. For those that remain, this first real battle has taught the true cost of war.

But despite these losses, the night brings with it a great feast of celebration. For ever it has been with those who experience loss and the close passage of winged death - even wounded men like Unas will grasp onto life all the harder and taste more sweetly of it's joys. As for the villagers, they gladly accept the Nomarch Deal. To bind them closely to the Memphis Nome, the two villages are combined and become the new town of Dahshur. But for those who bore arms against Ra-a-Memfes, there is only the long trek north toward Memphis and the certainty of execution or slavery. With them go the Nomarch of Memphis, the White Crown, and it's captive owner - the defeated Nomarch Mekret - who trudges North with downcast eyes and the bitter taste of ashes in his mouth.
                          Attached Files

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Are we still playing this????

Comment

• Sorry, I'm having problems with downloading this file (I've got problems with Poly in general lately); as you can see, I've tried to dl it several times. I asked Kull to mail it to me last night, but haven't got a reply so far. I'll play my turn as soon as I get the file.
                              Follow the masses!
                              30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                                I asked Kull to mail it to me last night, but haven't got a reply so far. I'll play my turn as soon as I get the file.
                                Hi Stefan - I'm traveling again, so email to the home address won't work. Since travel is pretty much a given, anyone trying to reach me should either use the Forum PM or post a message here. The file was just sent to the email address listed on your home page. Hopefully that one's good!

Comment

Working...
                                X