TOT is better than Civ 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOT is better than Civ 3.

Just an opinion.... but I have more fun playing TOT than Civ 3. Maybe that's because, thanks to Mercator, I can make my own maps with ease. I just like the feel of TOT. And I'm glad I don't have to worry about that stupid culture thing!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Ah, so you received it?

And Yep, ToT is better than Civ3... I don't think there will be many visiting this forum that disagree.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Greetings gentlemen!!!

I love ToT a lot and definately get much enjoyment out of playing it. Civ3 isn't that bad, but for shear joy ToT keeps me a little more entertained than Civ3.

There are not a lot of ToT scenarios out there but the few that I've come across really make ToT shine. Take Curt Siblings Dictator I and Dictator II. Both excellent WW2 scenarios covering the entire globe.

The extended original game that comes with ToT is well done too IMHO.

Enjoy!
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I find it difficult to disagree.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Considering ToT runs on my machine and Civ3 can't, there is no surprise I prefer the former. Why on Earth did they have to put these graphics and high resolution only?
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
            Considering ToT runs on my machine and Civ3 can't, there is no surprise I prefer the former. Why on Earth did they have to put these graphics and high resolution only?
            Im in same position - its a conspiracy to make us buy new computers
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

ToT is the highest development of the Civ genre...so far.
              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

i agree, till Civ3 will not have the possibility to make good scenarios, ToT'll be the best "Civilization"

for Curt Sibling, i enjoyed much Dictator I than Dictator's II, but to be honest, i'd prefer my own WW2 scenario

why ?

1-it's in french
                2-it's my own scenario
                3-smaller map (dont like gigamap)

Comment

Originally posted by Eyn
                  i agree, till Civ3 will not have the possibility to make good scenarios, ToT'll be the best "Civilization"

for Curt Sibling, i enjoyed much Dictator I than Dictator's II, but to be honest, i'd prefer my own WW2 scenario

why ?

1-it's in french
                  2-it's my own scenario
                  3-smaller map (dont like gigamap)
                  Where can we find your scenario? I tried looking at civfantics.com but couldn't find it.

Comment

u can find my scenarios here but they're all in french

Comment

Originally posted by Eyn
                      u can find my scenarios here but they're all in french
                      Thank you for the link! I shall give your scenario a try. I don't speak French however I won't let that stop me from playing. Besides my father can translate for me. He speaks French.

Thanks again and I will let you know what I think.

Comment

I have ToT, and i bought Civ 3. Civ 3 is a good game, no doubt about that - i recommend it to anyone who hasn't played Civ 2 (ToT or straight). But i did, and don't apreciate the direction the game took. Some things i like, but others, i don't. IMO, the combat model in Civ3 is lousy ToT is the one for me.

JH
                        There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives. :)

Comment

thats because civ2tot is civ2 with a twist..whereas civ3 is bunk
                          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Eyn:

I played your WW2 scenario for ToT and I think it's pretty good. I probably will examine it further but I finished one game as the URSS and did well. Good job!

Comment

I also agree that Civ2 ToT perfected a well-established game, extending the scenario making capabilities especially.

Civ3 does have some great ideas, but I don't like the oversimplification of government types (it has one gov. fewer than Civ2 did and about 251 fewer than Alpha Centauri). The combat system is also quite annoying, even though I like the idea of resistors and foreign nationals.

However, I'm sure Mercator will agree with me that A Night at the Opera is the best, not merely for such hits as Bohemian Rhapsody but also for the sublime Prophet's Song and '39. The last of these strikes me as being particularly apt for SMAC.
                              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                              X