Mars Now!/TOT Mars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mars Now!/TOT Mars

Does TOT contain a mars scenario? And is it the one with improvements such as Algae Farm and Capital? If so can someone mail dheardie@hotmail.com or PM the rules.txt and describe.txt for my conversion to Civ 3

Thanks

PS: Does TOT contain any animated Mars sprites?

I don't know any Mars scenario for ToT, but I know that there's one in the "Conflicts of Civlizations" or "Fantastic Worlds" scenario CDs (don't remember wich, but I'll check if you want me to).

But the Mars scenario was one of my favorite of all! I really loved it! Lots to explore, lots of new unit concepts with new strengths/weaknesses, and, if you played with the French, you would kick ass with your productivity on the permafrost!
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Kestrel has produced a first rate 4-map ToT Mars scenario, here: http://www.users.bigpond.com/kestrel...rites.htm#Mars
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Re: Mars Now!/TOT Mars

Originally posted by heardie
        ... And is it the one with improvements such as Algae Farm and Capital? ...
        The Sci-Fi game includes those improvements, but it's no Mars scenario. ToT only contained the Midgard (= fantasy) scenario.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

ahhh, so confused. I downloaded a mars scenario which had some buildings but in description.txt it had some other old sci-fi buildings such as algae-farm, etc.

Anyway, where evr it is from can someone send it to me?
          Thanks
          heardie

Comment

I remember a mars scenario by Kestrel. But I don't have it.
            I think Kestrel has his own site.

Otherwise, look at the Cradle of civilization, Apolyton or Civfanatics.
            Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

The complete set of files (including sprites recycled from the "ExtendedOriginal" and the "Sci-Fi" games) is on the Cradle of Civ site, but the actual Scenario file itself appeared to be missing last time I looked, as was the file with the Units info.

Here is the actual Scenario file (and I have included the rules.txt for your edification - but this is available from CoC anyway).

Cheers,

K18
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Kestrel; March 24, 2002, 10:28.

Comment

Here is the information file on the units in the Mars scenario.

Note that you still need to download all the relevant files (terrain, images, sprites etc. etc.) from the "Cradle of Civ" at :

to make it work properly.

Enjoy.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Kestrel; March 24, 2002, 10:31.

Comment

Thanks alot.

Comment

Does anyone know of way to find Kestrel's Mars scenario now days?

I really love the classic 'Mars Now!' scenario that came with Civilization 2 Fantastic Worlds and started wondering if there was an expanded/updated version for Civ2 Test of Time. Sure enough it wasn't log before I found Kestrel's one on his old long gone site here:

Sadly he didn't host the file himself and the Cradle of Civ Apolyton site is gone. The web archive backup sadly did not backup the download files:

I've searched through the web archive backup of the standard Apolyton Civ2 scenarios section. I've searched through the Civ Fanatics Civ2 scenarios section and I've done a forum search here for anything containing Mars or Kestrel and have come up with nothing other than this thread and a few "oh I loved that scenario" conversations. Kestrel hasn't logged into here since 2003 so he's long gone too.

I fear this great old Scenario may be lost forever. Does anyone here have a copy or know where I found still find a copy (keep in mind dead sites can be loaded into web archive so even long lost sites are worthwhile recommendations).

Comment

Good news! A copy has been found and posted here!!
                      So, all those years ago (probably in 2002?) I first met Civilization 2 in the form of MGE, and like almost everyone else who found it, I enjoyed the Mars Now scenario. I'm considering converting it or remaking it for Test of Time (especially with TOTPP) and the first thing that comes to mind is...

Although I'm hitting a couple of bugs so now I'm wondering if Kestrel has a superior more intact copy (have PM'd him). Eg there's no CITY.TXT names file resulting in the AI making blank cities. And the field scientists are supposed to treat all squares like roads but they appear to be treating them like railroads and have unlimited moves lol!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X