No announcement yet.

New WW2 Scenario for ToT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u say u have install ToT 1.1 patch. Have u install ToT official scenario "time threat paradox" too, after u have install the patch ?

if yes, reinstall 1.1 patch.

Comment

u say u have install ToT 1.1 patch. Have u install ToT official scenario "time threat paradox" too, after u have install the patch ?
      No, never heard of it.

Comment

There is a file in your main ToT folder called "debug". If you read the manual to ToT there is a way to activate the debug file to give you a report of where your game is failing. I'm too lazy to get the specifics right now for you but will look into it. This may help you determine what may be wrong.

If you play a normal game of ToT does it work fine?
        signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I have no probs using TOT for normal games, or for the Midgard scenario. Unfortunately I lost my TOT manual ages ago so I don't recall anything about a debug program. I found a Debug file in each of the sub-directories, but it was a notepad file.

Comment

Ok GeneralTacticus:

I found my manual. What you need to do is go to the directory that contains your WW2 scenario. In that directory look for the events.txt file. Open the events.txt file using any text editor and add @DEBUG immediately after the @BEGINEVENTS line. Save the file and exit.

Now start the game. Load the scenario. After the game fails immediately exit ToT and open a file called report.txt that will be in the same folder as the WW2 scenario is. This may tell you what is happening each time you try to start this scenario. I hope this helps. Good luck

Comment

I added the @DEBUG to the Events file and tried to play the scenario, but first I found that the report.txt file wasn't there, so I copied it in from the Original folder. I then tried again, but there was nothing in the Report.txt file.

Comment

Hmm.... that's strange.

Did you add the @DEBUG comment to the WW2 scenarios' event.txt file? It should have worked and created a report.txt file within the WW2 scenarios' folder.

Comment

I did add the @DEBUG command to the WW2 Events.txt file, and the report.txt did not appear.

Comment

hmmm

don't the @Debug Events.txt option only works to debug Events file ?

if his scenario "bugs" before the events.txt he can't have any report.txt !

uninstall ToT, reinstall, install patch 1.1 then install scenario !

i've french ToT i've seen one time such an error msg, it was with a converted scenario i try to play before i install 1.1 patch !

if u have this error msg again, try another scenario !

Comment

Try searching in the standard original game directory for report.txt. I believe it will be there. I'm sorry if this is frustrating for you but my memory of what I did to solve a similar problem is only now starting to come back to me.

The last resort would be to uninstall ToT and wipe out it's traces in your registry. Then reinstall ToT, the patches, and then the scenario. Hopefully you won't have to do this.

Comment

Check out Dictator II on Civfanatics. It's a huge improvement over the previous version. If you have ToT it's worth the effort to get this scenario.

Comment

OK, I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X