New WW2 Scenario for ToT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm......

That's strange. Moving the sprites should have worked.

Just curious, do you get any error messages when starting the scenario? That may have something to do with your problem.

Make sure all the sprites from the directory have been removed. There are a lot of them and it is possible you may have missed one. Also make sure you have downloaded the latest patch for ToT as well as the "no limits" mod. You can find these at civfanatics.com
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

If I remember correctly there is one more file you need to remove. Removing only sprites are not enough. It is called something like static..
      Sorry not being able to help more. I deleted all sprites from my ToT already in 1999 and haven't reinstalled them since. Hard to remember now what exactly I did then...

If anybody else don't help you out I'll go home, look the ToT and tell you tomorrow.
      Last edited by Marko; February 21, 2002, 15:38.

Comment

Marko,

I think you're right about that other file. If I remember correctly it also has a .spr file extension just like the other sprite files do.

Comment

Your scenario folder needs to be in the Test of Time directory. Move it there and your sprite problem will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
            Marko,

I think you're right about that other file. If I remember correctly it also has a .spr file extension just like the other sprite files do.
            Yes.

It's called Static.spr. There's a copy of it in the Original, Sci-fi and Fantsy folders. It needs to be renamed/moved along with the other Unit.spr files.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

possible solution
              see rules.txt
              part (G) General Flags override .SPR file

; Advanced unit fields
              ; A) 'tribe color may build' mask: 0 - can't; 1 - can
              ; B) 'not allowed on map' mask: 1 - not allowed on map
              ; C) minimum bribe amount: n - minimum bribe; 0 - don't care; -1 - can't bribe
              ; D) 'build transport site' mask: 1: can; 0: can't for each site type (reverse programmer notation)
              ; E) 'use transport site' mask: 1: can; 0: can't for each site type (reverse programmer notation)
              ; F) native transport ability: 1: can; 0: can't for each map relationship type (reverse programmer notation)
              ; G) General flags
              ; 00000001 invisible until attack: 1 - invisible
              ; 00000010 non-disbandable (human players only): 1 - cannot disband
              ; 00000100 0-range-air-unit damage override: 1 - override damage
              ; 00001000 barbarian units can't be bought off: 1 - can't buy off
              ; 00010000 impassable terrain override: 1 - override impassable terrain
              ; 00100000 engineer capabilities flag: 1 - has abilities
              ; 01000000 barbarian unit will not expire: 1 - no expire
              ; 10000000 override .SPR file for this unit: 1 - don't use .SPR
              ; A B C D E F G

@UNITS_ADVANCED
              00001000, 00000000, 0, 0000000000000001, 0000000000000001, 0000000000000000, 1 0000000 ;Slave Worker

Comment

Thoddy's solution should logically work - however, I know from past experience that just altering the RULES.txt file is not always enough. The game can be quite stubborn when it comes to forcing the sprites back into play!
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

The two files that have to be removed is static.spr and resource.spr

Comment

I just have to say that this ToT scenario really rocks!

I've been playing it for a while now and it is very entertaining.

Comment

great
                      Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                      religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

I just downloaded and tried to play it, but was told that it was in an obsolete format.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                          I just downloaded and tried to play it, but was told that it was in an obsolete format.

GeneralTacticus:

Did you install the official ToT patch? You will also need the "no limit" patch all of which can be found at www.civfanatics.com. Make sure you follow the directions in the supplied readme to the "Dictator Scenario". If you still have problems let me know.

Good luck

Comment

Mope, it still isn't working. I installed the sound files in the specified folders, but all of the files in those folders, got rid of the animations, installed both the required patches, and it still isn't working!

Comment

GeneralTacticus:

I'm trying to understand what your problem is. I've played this scenario many times. I think I can help you but I need some more details about your problem.

Thanks

Comment

Well, the problem is that when I try to play it it says 'failed to load game; file is in an obsolete format' or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X