New WW2 Scenario for ToT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New WW2 Scenario for ToT

Anyone try out the new WW2 Scenario by Curt Sibling for ToT?
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

I'll try it.

Comment

i try the 2.1 version ... big, big job !
      very good WW2 scenario

Comment

Where?
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Civfanatics, scenario dl section here

Comment

Thanks. I've just had a quick look. It's visually quite appealing. He's taken some of the many excellent Alex/Nemo units available and combined them with some great looking terrain. It has a good oversize world map, though like most, the Pacific is far too narrow.

But...it's a bit sloppy. I found Japanese marines in the China Sea with no ships. It's also not very historically accurate. India is independent- apparently part of the same nation as China. The British control all of Libya except Tobruk and their navy is mostly in the far east, except for a powerful squadron in Montreal. This is in 1940. The map is largely hidden, something I can't understand in the middle of the twentieth century. Events are basic and make no attempt to use ToTs' events capability.

Still, it shows quite a bit of effort and with some work could be an outstanding scenario, especially if made with PBEM in mind. I think I'll wait till then.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

yes i've been also surprised by these "changements" (india, north africa, france -marseille not french ?) but i think it has been done to organize a best resistance of the china against the japanese, simulate the "gouvernement de Vichy" (marseille) and the poor situation of north-african italian forces in 1940

that also why USA don't have the techs to build any aircraft in 1940 in order to limited US military power before 1941

Comment

I tried it but got an error message

I followed the directions in the read me file and I got an error message telling me that the scenario is done up in an obsolete format.

The WW2 scenario by Curt is for ToT right?
                Karagin

Comment

Ya gotta install the patch! (download from Cradle of Civ)

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

What patch???
                    Karagin

Comment

This one. http://coc.apolyton.net/utilities/index.shtml

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks! I got it! The game plays! Nice...but I am still having the same problem I mentioned below in another thread...I can see the awesome WW2 graphics but I go to move them and I get the generic default ones like the Warrior, or the Fantic or the original boats etc...

And Again I have followed the directions to the letter...
                        Karagin

Comment

I played it as well, and thought it was one of the better ToT scenarios.
                          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Karagin
                            Thanks! I got it! The game plays! Nice...but I am still having the same problem I mentioned below in another thread...I can see the awesome WW2 graphics but I go to move them and I get the generic default ones like the Warrior, or the Fantic or the original boats etc...

And Again I have followed the directions to the letter...

The solution is to download the latest version of this scenario. Then follow the directions in the readme. The one thing that is very important is to move all the sprites in the "standard game" directory somewhere else. This will solve your problem.

I asked and asked and asked for what this problem was the first day this scenario was available. I was ignored but finally my problem was solved when the new version of the scenario came out. I even emailed Curt but never never got a reply. So I hope this helps you because I WAS LEFT OUT TO DRY. I know how rude it is when someone doesn't reply to your emails.
                            signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich

The solution is to download the latest version of this scenario. Then follow the directions in the readme. The one thing that is very important is to move all the sprites in the "standard game" directory somewhere else. This will solve your problem.

I asked and asked and asked for what this problem was the first day this scenario was available. I was ignored but finally my problem was solved when the new version of the scenario came out. I even emailed Curt but never never got a reply. So I hope this helps you because I WAS LEFT OUT TO DRY. I know how rude it is when someone doesn't reply to your emails.
                              I followed the directions in the read me file and I am still getting the older icons.

Heck, I moved the SPRITE files out of the TOT file and on to my second hard drive and I renamed them and the game IS STILL giving me the older icons when ever I move a unit.

I have the current version, I made sure of that before downloading...I have this same problem with the older Icons poping up in the Original Game in TOT instead of the three units I have put there and yes the Sprites are gone...
                              Karagin

Comment

Working...
                              X