X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems to me that the prefered strategy is:
    1- Victory by events
    2- Victory by Spaceship

That doesn't mean we to leave the other civs alone, of course.

Comment

• I'm sorry I know I'm being really dense but your going to have to spell this one out for me. As far as I know theres three ways to win:
      a) Conquer the world
      b) Build the space ship
      c) Discover Earth gate
      Am I missing anything?
      So which one are we going for?

Comment

• Dude, It's Earth Gate option (the one wich's triggered by events, IIRC).

Guys, I'm sorry for the long silence, but I've had my internet access cut off (but am back again), and used the whole afternoon to read the secret Apolyton's staff member's forum while I could! I managed to do that due to some weired bug, but I can't access it anymore, so don't ask anything whatsoever, because I won't be able to do it again.

I'm now without much time, since I burned my available time reading something that I shouldn't, so I don't know when I may be able to play.

I would just like to say that the Ponn Jar already have the same number of cities as the Vallan, so we better watch out.

See you soon! I hope...
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

• Thank you Zealot, Again I apologise for my stupidity but while I'm at it what does IIRC mean?

Comment

• If I Remember Correctly
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

• Thank you again Zealot.
              Going off-topic for a moment, where abouts in portugal are you from?
              And do u play/know of anyone who plays MP ToT?

Comment

• Lisbon!
                Yeah, I know Ecowiz!

Comment

• Well, I actually never played MP Tot, before, but I could give a go, one of these days.

Comment

• I have played MP TOT a couple of times. There seems to be a bug where the box around the active unit disappears after a few turns. Makes it difficult to determine which unit is the active one unfortunately.

Since Zealot is too busy to play his turn (I switched turns with him), I guess it is Proffessor_Ben's turn now according to Zealot's list below:

Well, considering Eco's request, the order is now this:

Zealot
                    Hydey (retired)
                    Marcel I (in martial court)
                    Mercator (retired)
                    Sharpe
                    Proffessor_ Ben (next up)
                    Ecowiz Returns

Is this ok with everybody?

I would just like to say that the Ponn Jar already have the same number of cities as the Vallan, so we better watch out.
                    I second that opinion, the Ponn Jahr have some cities in orbit and I captured and destroyed several of their cities on Naumachia. They might have more there too.

They are also sending a lot of units (thankfully weak ones like Homicide units) into our core area on Funestis, so I was beginning to try to seal off our northern border with them and recommend that we build fortresses (force fields) there too.

Hope you will be able to play again soon Zealot - besides being a good player and the originator of this succession game , it is also nice to have 4 active players - helps space out the turns a bit.

Comment

• I've DL'd, (its is me to play isn't it. Should have it played and posted by tonight or 2morow morning.

Comment

• Yeah, go ahead, another 72 hours have gone by and I didn't manage to play.

Go kill those pesky... uh... make that everybody!

Comment

• I can't play my computers crashed on a major scale.
                          I'll post when I'm up and running again.
                          Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

• So, that makes my turn, isn't it?

The problem for me is that I can't play today not on the weekend.

So, if I can't post on Friday, it is best that a loose my turn too.

A few more days until the Engineers' demize

Comment

• Hmm, even with the three of you having things come up , I don't think it would be appropriate for me to play twice in a row.

Maybe we should take a little vacation from this game - I mean we have been playing it with only a few breaks since January 14.

When does everyone think that they will be available to continue?

Or we could ask if some of the retired players (Mercator, Hydey, Marcel I) would be willing to play a few turns, especially as we are down to 10 turns each now.
                              Last edited by Sharpe; May 10, 2002, 19:41.

Comment

• Marcel hasn't return to Apolyton since late March. So I fear the worse about him.
                                Still while only playing 10 turns, it's more time consuming, because we have a really big empire to manage each turn!

Comment

Working...
                                X