Map Editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Editing

Does anyone know where I can get a map editor for Civ2 ToT? (I am looking for a shareware/freeware as to not infringe on copyrights)
    I am between being a Man of God and a God of Man

Civ2 Mapeditor is fine for Tot. Tot can use Civ2 maps.

Comment

That would be nice if I had Civ2 MapEditor. I Need a map editor.
      I am between being a Man of God and a God of Man

Comment

I had the same problem, and thanks to Mercator, now I got ToT with map editor. Email me on knockout@net.hr and I'll share knowledge
        Big Kay-Ooh

Comment

Wait a second!!!

I've made an improved version.
          The previous version required you to create a new directory and copy several files...
          Now you only need to put three files into your ToT directory. All in all, it's only 743 kB.

Post your e-mail address and I'll mail it.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Please send it to me

My email is kalmerkalda@yahoo.co.uk

Comment

It's on its way...
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Does anybody know how can I change terrain under a city without destroying it first?

Comment

Yep... Open the Rules.txt and change the transformation base time (@COSMIC) to 0. Also change the result of transformation of the terrain to the result you want.
                  Load the game, place a couple of engineers in the city and set them to transform. I think after 2 or 3 engineers, the terrain will be transformed (in the same turn).

Comment

has anyone edited these maps in TOT to civ3 yet?
                    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Thanks Mercator!

Now I know that it must work. I tried it but I didn't add enough engineers, I think.

I liked very much you program what converted maps to bmp and back. Also program for editing cities and CivTweak.
                      Have you thought about making a program which helps hacking into sav and scn files.

Comment

War4ever: Nope... I haven´t got Civ3, and I´m not planning to get it anytime soon. There will be a new utility out soon though, MapUtility v3 (by Allyn Flinchbaugh), which will be able to convert maps from civ2 to civ3.

Marko: No problem...
                        By the way, I didn´t create those CivCity and CivTweak utilities, if that was what you were thinking...
                        And yes, I have thought about a program to hack sav and scn files... But it hasn´t gone much beyond that, and I´m not thinking about it anymore
                        Miner is working on something like that though (I think): http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=33888

Comment

How can I delete rivers under city? When I transform terrain under city to ocean and then back to land then rivers still appear.

Comment

Working...
                          X