No announcement yet.

The twin cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early landing games mean growing one city (the SSC) ASAP, and there is only one Shakespeare (this means that the second city requires a lot of happiness improvements). Besides, using a foreign city as twin is more performing (better trade routes).

I make use of twin cities when there is no foreign city available (for example: archipelago map) and when the map is bigger than average (IMO on small maps a big SSC and small helpers are more performing, because you skip the numerous happiness improvements in the 'helper' cities).
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette
      Early landing games mean growing one city (the SSC) ASAP, and there is only one Shakespeare (this means that the second city requires a lot of happiness improvements). Besides, using a foreign city as twin is more performing (better trade routes).
      I tried this approach in early landing game 8, but as you point out the routes from the SSC to even relatively small foreign cities are worth more than those to the twin city. Even the research contribution from my twin was relatively insignificant. However, it did have the advantage that there was a substantial bonus even from undemanded goods.

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
      X