No announcement yet.

Age Of War PBEM Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think that all nations should be human controlled before we start...
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

i agree henrik its just that i put them neutral because they hadnt been chosen to be played yet
      Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Caspian are you going to play as spain or you could even be russia if you want to. and the turks for that matter. If so say so and then we are one step closer to playing this beast. also everyone should have the completed AGE OF WAR now

Thanx Exile!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Sorry about the delay Exile. I've played your scenario for many turns now and I'm happy to play Spain if that suits everybody. So Here goes.

People of Europe. Here follows a transmissions from his Royal Highness, King Caspian of Spain:-

"Brothers. I must let you know that Spain has no territorial ambition and harbours no animosity towards her neighbours. She hopes yet that peace will prevail throughout this great continent and that our frontiers shall be respected.

New powers are rising in the West and in the Far East. Let us work in partnership to put down these up start nations. Together we can affirm and consolidate our global dominance. War will lead to decedance and decay."

Thus ends transmission from His Royal Highness, Caspian of Spain

Comment

Excellent...

Excellent Caspian thanx a lot

Right at this moment in time we have these civs

Russians:
            Italians: henrik.lohmander@telia.com
            French: Dai_VietMinh@yahoo.com
            Germans: JMShrader@aol.com
            Turks:
            English: Grothgar_1999@yahoo.com
            Spanish: alan.bartholomew@lineone.net

Means only the Russians need to be taken up (the turks as well but they are not really on any consequence so i think we could afford to ignore them?)

THE TIMES NEWSPAPER July 5th 1900

Today the Prime Minister Mr Smith welcomed the call of spanish neutrality. He also proclaimed his support for the government of the spanish nation and said that anyone who messed with Spain messed with Great Britain.
            "Although seperated as our two nations are we share common borders because of Britains alliance with the portugese and spain has never sough to extend their borders beyond what is proper of a nation of her standards. I am therefore extending the hand of friendship to our spanish alter ego King Caspian. I am extending the offer to join the alliance of democracy to the nation of spain and i hope they will accept this offer. But even if they refuse i will still leave the way open for their easy passage into the forces of the alliance."

Mr Smith speaking today to the house of commons on britains reaction to spanish neutrality.

This editor thinks that Mr Smith is casting around for allies for the coming conflict with the French and Italians even though he will not say as much the conflict will come. It is just a matter of time.
            God save us all

Samuel Clements
            Editor of THE TIMES newspaper
            July 5th

(P.S Caspian if you join the alliance i might consider giving you the technology of "DEMOCRACY" after all you can be in the alliance without that tech. Just a thought )

Comment

"Spain wishes to accept Britains hand of friendship and prays that all countries of Europe can come to similiar arrangements.

Although she is very flattered that the beneficient prime minister of Great Britain has invited her to join an alliance, Spain must reaffirm her neutrality. I, Caspian of Spain, also wish friendship with our northern neighbour France. I would not wish to threaten France's Southern Flank in such a way in times such as these.

In the same vain, Spain does not wish threaten Britains friendship with Portugal."

Comment

New developments.

Ok, after some playtesting, there have been several new additions to the scenario. First, some mistakes have been cleaned up and the tech tree has been tweaked again. Don't fret; this happens a lot when I'm fine-tuning the thing. Not a lot has changed, just a few connections. Monoplanes are now harder to get, and Dreadnoughts are easier.

I added a wonder that I've never included in a scenario before because, IMO, it's too powerful. Leo's has now been added. It's called "The Red Army" and its prerequisite is the Communism tech. The Russians receive the Communism tech via an event in July 1916 and now The Red Army will "go with it." Testing revealed that the German/Austrian civ just has too much of an edge if this isn't implemented. It doesn't go obsolete during the game. This will put real pressure on the German player vis-a-vis an assault on Russia, especially late in the scenario.

The 2nd change is that the Italians will receive the Fascism tech in 1922. Had to do it. There was simply no other way for the tech-poor Italians to get to Fascism in time to be anywhere near historically accurate.

Enjoy,
                Exile
                Lost in America.
                "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

I can accept that....

I can accept that caspian if i was spain i would wait to see which way the axe fell before making my decision

Exile making Dreadnoughts easier to get to almost makes it too easy *rubs hands together in glee* and this is an intresting development leos workshop for the russians. oooh nasty. maybe i should be glad no one is russia at the moment

Looking forward to recieving this one exile

Come on peeps we need a russia and maybe a turkey

Comment

Newest Version.

Well, I'm still looking closely for mistakes. Henrik informed me several days ago of an error, and I corrected it pretty quick. But then, in doing so, I made another, and didn't catch it until last night. Didn't anybody notice that the Italians couldn't build their own Infantry unit and that all the other civs could? Oh well, it's fixed now.

Ok, admit it. How many of you have had a Munitions Plant blow up on you? C'mon. Confess. I was test-playing the thing last night and today as the Turks (I strongly suggest someone play the Turkish side, btw, or the British will sweep up the Near East) and built several Munitions Plants in several cities. Besides making production faster, they also cleaned up pollution. Then, while fighting the Germans in the Balkans, my cities kept exploding because I failed to monitor them closely enough while in Republic. A unit would leave the city, and next turn BOOM! One good thing did come of this, however. I noticed that whenever a city did explode because of this, a graphic was displayed that I had "blanked" out. I found which one it was, and put something there that is appropriate.

If anybody wants the latest version, let me know in this thread and I'll send it to you.

Thanks again,
                    Exile
                    Lost in America.

Comment

i confess i was england and every single city had a munitions plant and no popular culture and then i declared war on france and boom disorder in every city and half my poulation off the map!!! i thought you intended there to be no pic because of civil unrest

Comment

and exile you spoilt my evil plan!!!!

Comment

Pretty funny, Gary.

And I thought that I was a screw up! HALF your pop?

I suppose that it can sneak up on you.

Thanks for the confession. I don't feel like such an idiot now.

Exile
                          Lost in America.

Comment

Headline: Germany Accepts Spanish Nuetrality

In a lengthy speach, the minister of foriegn affairs addressed the nation in an hour long speach concerning Spanish relations. King Ioanes, then, after needing to be awakened, delivered his speach, all two minutes of it. Besides the fact that the crowd was relieved, what stood out was German's acceptane of Spain.

Quote: If only France would learn from her southern neighbor, mabey the unheeded impetus of her youth might be curbed against nature in the form of bull fighting, or other such fine past-times. End Quote

Oh Exile, I did accidentily blow up Prague when I was switching to Democracy. Ouch. Thats what happens when you don't know that munition plants are just nueclear plants in disguise.

Anyone know if anyone is going to take Russia?

Ioanes
                            Visit My Crappy Site!!!!
                            http://john.jfreaks.com
                            -The Artist Within-

Comment

Italy also confirms Spains Neutrality

Italy sees no reason to violate Spanish Neutrality, may peace and prosperity reign.
                              Last edited by Henrik; July 6, 2001, 09:06.
                              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Spanish Communiqué

Spain is very encouraged by the calls of friendship from the great leaders. Perhaps we are about to enter a new era of détante?

Comment

Working...
                                X