Help with space scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with space scenario

Im working on a space scenario too, very different than any other space scenario you've seen before, you'll just have to wait and see, unless you could help me out.

All these changes are hard work, I could use some help designing a tech tree while I work on other things, anyone with good imagination to do it?
    Alexandre Madeira
    I create worlds. :)

Sorry Alex, I would but i'm too busy working on my current project.

Comment

Dracon, if everyone felt the need to reply to say they are too busy, this page would be full to the brim! This would be the most replied-to topic ever!

Comment

I am also, uhm, busy.

;-)
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

LOL
          You dont know what you're missing
          Alexandre Madeira

Comment

Umm, what am I missing? Am I missing something? Not my dinosaur modpack - NOOOOOO!

Comment

If its all new then how are we supposed to know what kind of changes you are making?

Comment

I'll tell you some things about it:

The terrains are:

Space (not sea)
                Impassable terrain (sea, with different graphics of course)
                4 types of stars (red, orange, yellow and white)
                Radiated World
                Terran World
                Toxic World
                Gas Giant
                Barren World

All those graphics are high quality, I took them from Fantastic Worlds Orion Scenario, edited the yellow star to make other stars with other colours.

The map will have over a hundred star systems, a star system consists of the star in the middle (either type of star), and planets around, then you have the impassable terrain seperating star systems, ships (actually land units) can pass through another system from 4 positions, either north, south, east or west of the star.

There will be multiple human civs and aliens, the aliens will have different ships of course, there will be many types of ships, ships configured for attack, defense, settle, trade, diplomacy. There will also be units with a movement of 0 that will be considered as planetary garrison, but you should have defensive ships garrisoning planets.

There will be a new tech tree (would apreciate some help with that), new city improvements and wonders, all the new stuff space scenarios are supposed to have.

I guess the big difference between this and other space scenarios is that ships are actually land units, and star systems are represented individually with both stars and planets.

Anyone wishing to help me out, contact me at:

agm79@hotmail.com

I would show you what I have and include you in the credits of course, if you did help =]
                Alexandre Madeira

Comment

Sure I'll help..maybe you should make the sun "impassalbe" .. I mean spaceships can't exactly fly through stars. Sounds like you have a very big map.

Comment

Don't forget Blue Giants, the early stage of Balck Holes and Neutron Stars.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

maybe you should use the change terrain event to give the appearance of fluctuating nebulas, like they do in real life.

If I remember right changing the terrain kills everything there. This would make it hazardous to drive through, like in an asteroid field.

Comment

mrtemba, ships will not go through the sun, they will go around it or something, that terrrain will have a higher movement cost, to make it impassable would mean it would have to be an "ocean" terrain, cant do that, or maybe a barbarian unmovable unit, dont want that cause stars will also give colonies resources. And yes, the map is huge, it will take me weeks to complete it, hehe, but it will give you plenty of room to expand your empire, and the bad aliens will be far away . I'll do my best to include the names of people in a "thanks to" section who contribute with ideas for my scenario in this forum, but if you can give more direct help by working with me in the scenario, like helping on the map or tech tree or events, you'll get your name in the credits besides play testing it

St Leo, im afraid I dont have enough terrains to have more types of stars or planets

mrtemba, that type of feature would be hard to do, mainly because how the map works, you get systems seperated with an impassable terrain, so its like ships jumped from one system to another from some location in the system's oort cloud (spelled right?), interstellar space is not represented on the map. Besides, I dont have Fantastic Worlds (yet), I do have Conflicts in Civilization, so events will much probably be included.
                        Alexandre Madeira

Comment

Hey - here's a genius idea, which I can't use because of the shape of the galaxy: create a large blockage of inpassable squares, with some special unit or something or wonder-laiden city in the middle. Then, the first civ to research a unit capable of going across here gets some sort of bonus from being able to go across, and a race against time will be created. Also - your map must indeed be massive. The one I'm using is Pheron's AvP galaxy, which is larger than 10,000 diamonds. anyone know how to get such a large map?

Comment

Gibster,

Perhaps you set up a line of 'blank' (but cover the shield), non-move, 'none' home, high defence units owned by a non-playable tribe. The tribe has a no-negotiation and peace status with the playable tribes. All the playable tribes have units that respect zones of control until a certain tech allows units which ignore zones of control to be produced, and 'voila' - they can pass between the units in the barrier!

Can't help you on the map question.

Comment

Gibster, show me that map.
                              Alexandre Madeira

Comment

Working...
                              X