@IF
    TURN
    turn=37
    @AND
    RECEIVEDTECHNOLOGY
    technology=50
    receiver=British Empire
    @THEN

Does that mean that there are actually 2 triggers for this event? Both have to be activated for the event to take place or simply any will do? There is a lot into ToT than i could imagine.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Both have to be activated for the event to take place or simply any will do?
      Yes, both have to to be true for the event to happen.
      Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
      Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

That event is to determine what happens on June 1944.

If the Brits retains London and a certain tech, D-Day goes
        ahead as it did in history, but if London falls, and Germany
        gets a their certain tech, an alternate attack happens.

PS
        Large update coming on Saturday!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Err... Curt, i had made some playtest comments on page 3. i bet you missed them.

So what kind of trigger combinations are possible in ToT?
          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

It may be useful for you to download Boco's El Aurens beta and take a look at his Events file. It is by far the most complex that I have seen.

Doing a 'FIND' on @AND should bring up all the multiple trigger events.
            Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
            Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

John brown shipyards' text writes "+1 movement to all Japanese ships".

Its now mid 1942 and axis forces are sent reeling, on all fronts. My ill conceived invasion of the U.S cost me a load of ships and airplanes, their loss being felt in the neglected Chinese front. The chinese have captured Peking and advanced all the way to Shangai, where the thinly spread japanese garrisons are unable to stop them. Massive chinese air superiority was the crucuial factor. The British and American navies have made their appearance, in force, at the Japanese home isles. Only the recall of "Yamato" was able to push them away.
              The expediotionary force sent to australia was making slow progress and has run out of steam outside Sydney.
              There is no possibility of ressuplying them, as the australian navy has a huge presence in the area. Slowly the jap empire is being strangled economically and militarily, and since the soviets entered the war its only a matter of time before the Kwantug army capitulates. No way i am surrendering though. A massive counterattack is being planned against the chinese in 1943.

Meanwhile the German AI has managed to loose southern italy and africa to the allies, and Russian forces are besieging Koenigsburg.

Comment

Hi there, guys! I have restructured the objectives for the new update,
                and there will be about 40-50, with victory levels adjusted accordingly.

Various other tweaks will be added, based on suggestions on the thread.

Guys, thanks for the invaluable pointers and suggestions!

@AGRICOLA:

*To transfer aircraft, one could always build a carrier...

*The USA staying home was fixed with a recent update.
                I eliminated the Barb cities in the map and that helped
                get the USA into the think of things very quickly. I think
                the AI gets caught up in their vendetta with the Barb civ.
                Once the Barbs are removed, the US got fighting nicely.

*I have made the special units non-disbandable.
                The high shield count is to make them tempting targets.

*I am definitely adding a fighter to all Allied invasions.

@Palaiologos:

*Objectives will be far more sensible now.

*The town/airbase thing was to represent the neutral nations allowing
                the civs to land planes in their territory. I prefer to build carriers
                to project airpower around the globe.

*As Japan, the chance to attack the Allies is there from the start,
                it is up to the player if he wants to follow that route and side
                step the tech-activated war plan...He can do both...Like the freight
                exploit for the Germans, the choice is up to the player if he wants
                to play historically or do the power game.

I will make some changes ASAP based on this advice. First up is to
                tweak the events again and make sure the Allied invasions are strong.

D-Day should be an event to fear!

PS
                The event for D-Day depends on if the Germans have captured London.
                If Germany holds the Brit capital, then the attack is upon Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos
                  John brown shipyards' text writes "+1 movement to all Japanese ships".

Its now mid 1942 and axis forces are sent reeling, on all fronts. My ill conceived invasion of the U.S cost me a load of ships and airplanes, their loss being felt in the neglected Chinese front. The chinese have captured Peking and advanced all the way to Shangai, where the thinly spread japanese garrisons are unable to stop them. Massive chinese air superiority was the crucuial factor. The British and American navies have made their appearance, in force, at the Japanese home isles. Only the recall of "Yamato" was able to push them away.
                  The expediotionary force sent to australia was making slow progress and has run out of steam outside Sydney.
                  There is no possibility of ressuplying them, as the australian navy has a huge presence in the area. Slowly the jap empire is being strangled economically and militarily, and since the soviets entered the war its only a matter of time before the Kwantug army capitulates. No way i am surrendering though. A massive counterattack is being planned against the chinese in 1943.

Meanwhile the German AI has managed to loose southern italy and africa to the allies, and Russian forces are besieging Koenigsburg.
                  Well spotted! I'll fix that little typo!
                  (It was caused when I switched wonders around)

Interesting progress being made on your game, Pericles!
                  It shows the AI can be a challenge when they pile on the player.

Keep me informed as to how things go...
                  The Japanese seem to be shaping up just as I hoped.

Comment

ok its Jan 1944..

The allies captured Naples but failed to take Rome. Bucharest changed hands three times but ended up remaining occupied by the Soviets. The Baltic states are no more.

As for the Japs...

A daring offensive by the imperial navy ended with the capture of Vladivostok, which was immediately turned into a fortress city as every available reinforcement was hemmed in. As a result the soviet hordes halted their southward advance and concetrated on recapturing the important port-to no avail. That gave valuable time to the battered Kwantug army(holding only the Korean penisula at that time) to reorganize and fortify its possitions. The American navy meanwhile wrecks havoc on the japanese isles and far away possesions.

Imperial marines recaptured the city of Shangai and destroyed a large part of the dreaded chinese airforce on the ground. As more reinforcements for both sides arrived, the battle of Shangai evolved into titanic proportions. The Chinese generals became obsessed with recapturing the city while the japanese with keeping it at all costs. Hundreds of thousands died as the battle is raging for almost a year now.

I think i wil stop playing this version now. No point in continuing. All fronts are in a stalemate as neither side(japs vs Chinese, japs vs Ausies, japs vs Brits, japs vs soviets) is able to make a breakthrough. The japanese navy is destroyed and so is the economy.

As for playing the japs: I think that the japanese player is terribly limited. He has no units to use apart from the generic ones and the navy marines. While all the rest get their units upgraded all the time with 3-4 types of tanks, planes and infantry the jap player is stuck with the initial ones only getting an improved air unit in the end of the tech tree. I would say give them an extra infantry unit(regulars or whatever), representing the fact that the japanese land army was mainly a foot infantry army, and a Kamikaze missile unit. There are a lot of japanese army sites with all the info on the early and late war japanese infantry units. Btw why do those late heavy german and allied tanks have the ignore defences flag?

Comment

• Interesting battles!
                      Glad you held off the commies and gave Chiang Kai-shek a bloody nose!

The Japanese are indeed a limited force, and are not really meant to be world beaters.
                      Historically, they had no chance of winning, and I wanted to reflect that. My intent
                      was to make them a tough challenge for those who are jaded by playing as the Germans.

Adding new units to any faction now is tricky as the unit list is filled and giving
                      the Japanese another unit means another civ loses a unit. And the only unit I could
                      consider switching is the Brit's Sunderland which did not perform as I intended in
                      playtests. I might consider an extra unit for Japan...

All the big tanks in D6 are given defence breaking abilities, I could remove these
                      if it seems too powerful. Though I might keep that for the Soviets to reflect their
                      steamroller attacks. All in all, I will be very interested in making the Allies
                      more of an invasion threat with the upcoming version.

Stay tuned!

PS
                      Cheers for the playtest, Pericles and AGRICOLA...Your help is much appreciated!

Comment

• UPDATE!

Almost ready to post the new version of the scenario onto SL wiki!
                        I have incorporated many of the suggestions of Perciles and Agricola.

I am going to add an event that gives the pacific war tech
                        if you capture any US city prematurely. Still undecided as
                        to what purpose to give the transport slot.

More to come soon!

Comment

• so where's the update?

eager to have another go as the japs.

Comment

• Just working on the Readme, and will post the new zip today!

Comment

• NEW UPDATE READY - !

DICTATOR 6 UPGRADE

I have made a few changes based on some good advice!

A new game will have to be started, as this update has sweeping changes.

1)
                              Engineers spawn more frequently.

2)
                              Troopship replaced with high-capacity Invasion Fleet unit.
                              This new offensive unit idea needs tested, so feel free!

3)
                              With fighter cover and spawn-points next door to cities,
                              Allied Invasions should be rather more tough now!

4)
                              Field Guns ignore walls. Should make them more useful.

5)
                              If Honolulu is taken by Japan before Pacific War Plan
                              is researched, the tech is awarded automatically.

PS
                              I might look for a replacement unit for the Sunderland,
                              any suggestions from the regulars are most welcome!

PPS
                              Watch out for AGRICOLA's fighter trap!

Last edited by curtsibling; April 12, 2007, 14:22.

Comment

• [SIZE=1] Originally posted by curtsibling [/SIZE2)
                                PS
                                I might look for a replacement unit for the Sunderland,
                                any suggestions from the regulars are most welcome!
                                A kamikaze jap unit. A jap infantry unit. Maybe an advanced jap tank. Definetely something jap though. Definetely.

note to self: remember to dig up those jap army sites so as to advise Curt.

Comment

Working...
                                X