Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Werd100
    @Catfish
    Never mind, I did not know if Wollongong is a small place or not! I used to work with a cobber from Chinchilla which sounded like a one horse town
    I don't suppose this Yanto is a close relative as the Shortis' have been in Oz for over 100 years (AFAIK).
    Ah, so that guy's a result of your own searches. Wollongong's the 9th largest city in Australia - after Canberra. It's small by world standards, but not so small that everyone's on first name terms.
    Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

For a long time I prefered the realistic look in the play map rather than the strategic map. But it's so much easier to do the latter.
      "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
      -OOTS

Comment

The Japan map is back on track. I am doing it exactly the same as before as I remembered the formula used to work out the grid
        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
        SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
        SL INFORMATION THREAD
        CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Phew. I have passed the point I had got to before, which is nice. Just a little screenshot to show you the progress. Japan should be quite easy to make as it is nearly all coastline!
          Attached Files
          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
          SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Great job so far!
            "Peace cannot be kept by force.
            It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

George Patton Jnr.

Just wanted to post todays progress as the sobriety window is closing rapidly!
              Damn it I admit I am a shameless self publisist, please indulge me with the endless screenshots, mummy and daddy obviously didn't pay enough attention to my crayon efforts early on and I am making up for it now

Honshu coastline done!
              Attached Files
              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
              SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Wow, really realistic coastline of Japan.
                I like your map, it´s great.
                American War of Independence
                A Divided Nation - US Civilwar

Comment

Thanks As always I would probably have made it bigger if I could but I think the limitation to 32,000sq is a good thing. The scale of the map should work out well. The cities will have room for resources and farmland but should not be too spread out.

Also the map would be very useful for a Russo-Japanese War scenario. I would love to make this but I fear I will have no time as I am already commited to so many other projects already. If anyone would like to use this map to have a go at that project then feel free!
                  SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                  SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Looking good, Werd! Check your PM's.

Comment

Latest map update. I have finished Japan and am onto Korea and Manchuria now. Should squeeze in Hailar, Port Arthur, Weihai and Khabarovsk so this map should be good for a Russo-Japanese war scenario if anyones got some spare time on their hands (as if!).

I have been experimenting with land bridges between the home islands to assist the Japanese and the Russians. They will be placed in such a way that they will not hinder shipping and if you use a special sea graphic they should look quite good. They are represented by desert at the moment. If you don't require them they are easily removed! Just an idea.

Right, I'm going to have another session on Hellas. My siege of Chios failed miserably earlier today. Back to the drawing board.
                      Attached Files
                      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                      SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Russo Japanese war.. ah.. that would be a nice one !
                        hellas ? nice that too..

and your map of japan is detailed as seldom i've seen..
                        you used a grid tecnique it seem.. very wise .. and the results did show !

Comment

Excellent progress there, Werd. I like what I see. And, yes, a RJW scen could be cool as well, but It'll likely have to be someone else to do it; I've got a huge queue of scens to slog through.

Comment

Progress report on map...

... there has been 0 progress sorry

Since my old PC gave up the ghost I have been busy reorganizing things. The map was safe on an external hard drive. I will start on it again now as I enjoy the map making process. How are the stragglers going? Have you had any thoughts on this project?
                            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Sorry, not really. It's great you're contuing the map, but my mind is focused on my stragglers (which I hope to finish as soon as possible) and PBEM's, at least in Civ2 terms. Thanks for a bump, though.

Comment

Thats cool. Takes the pressure of me to get it done quickly. Will work on it inbetween my other projects. I seem to come up with lots of ideas while building maps which can help me elsewhere.
                                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                                SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X