Clear All

Gulp!
    "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
    -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
    "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
    "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

Truly great work, dude!

This could be a real sci-fi classic...I can feel it!

PS
      What is the scope of the scenario?
      Will the map represent the landmass of the planet?
      With factions fighting from their own areas of control..?

Either way, this looks most juicy!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hell yeah

Comment

Thank you thank you all. As for what the scope of this scenario is Curt, as it stands now the scenario will take place over a 60 day period with one turn representing one day. The landmass the game will take place on does not ultimately represent the entire world map of Cydonia, but rather the lush and fertile continent the human Cydonians have called their home for generations. The continents belonging to the Skeltrix, though making up a larger percentage of the planet aren't anywhere nearly as rich in resources, and won't appear in this game.

As for the motivations and reasoning behind the actions of the Skeltrix and the C.I.S. forces, that I will hold onto until more work has been completed. The next couple weeks I plan on devoting to the tech tree, then the events and rules.

Comment

This is exciting stuff!

I'll be following this one with interest.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

So how far have you got with the scenario itself? Rules, techs, events?
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Well so far a good chunk of the tech tree and the events are laid out on paper, I'm planning to spend the next couple of weeks strictly devoted to getting them into the rules files. Patine's been helping so far in showing me the ropes of tech tree building and the basics of event making.

Its been a steep learning curve I'll admit, but the interest in this project has been very good so far and I'm very the essential text files will be ready before long. I'll keep you posted on the progress of those files.

Also Boco, thanks for the prompt reply to my question the other day. I have a few more questions on the mechanics of the multi-map system but I'll save those for after I've finished the tech tree.

Comment

Just a progress update for all those interested. I've charted out a good chunk of the tech tree that will be available to the human player Cydonians with 47 techs in all being charted.

Its been a bit of a learning curve so far since this is my first attempt at making a tech tree, but its gone very well so far and I think the players will agree it will have a real Star Wars feel to it. A large number of the names of the technologies were actually taken from the various technology upgrades available in computer games like "Empire at War" or "Galactic Battlegrounds" and the old West End RPG source books from the late 1980's and 90's.

The computer controlled players (the CIS and the Skeltrix) aren't going to have as large a tech tree to research, and where as the Cydonian tech tree will allow new unit construction the AI civ's research will mainly simply trigger events.

Comment

BUMP! How's this going, Chris?

Comment

Well I appreciate the bumping Patrick, though the reason there has been little to report is that I'm still working on the very unglamorous aspects of the tech tree.

What I'm attempting to do is focus the bulk of the tech tree towards technologies that will allow units to be built which will allow the human player Cydonian civ to at least stand toe to toe if not defeat the invading Seperatist forces.

Comment

Since its been nine days since a progress update I felt it necessary to do my part to keep this thread from falling off the first page of the open thread list.

Development was slow this week as I started a new job where I'm not able to work on my civ projects during downtime, however work on the tech tree is nearing completion and after that I'll begin the unit placement and the event writing.

I'll also have a great deal of questions for Boco about simulating a blockade in space and event spawning units in transports (which from what I hear is either difficult or impossible to do) when I move into the event writing phase.

I also have to give a big thanks to both Patrick and Gareth and all the other posters so far for their help in this project in regards to the tech tree writing and the unit graphic making respectively. SW: SoC would be little more than some scribbled notes on binder paper without the help to date.

Comment

There was a hint in the early introduction in this thread that starfighters might be involved...

Could we have a small hint of what kind of starfighters the Cydonians will use?
                          Or will they be using mercenary fighters?

Comment

A question I've been meaning to ask...

... Is the Republic in it? Although the Cydonians may not be willing to be incorporated into the galactic entity, it seems that it would be in the Republic's interest that Cydonia not fall into CIS hands...

...Heck, I could see them sending a Jedi with a contingent of clones to help them out. Just a suggestion.
                            The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
                            2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

Torbk - Yes there will be starfighters involved in the game. So far there are four types of starfighters slated to appear, three of which have appeared in the movies and expanded universe material and a fourth of my own design which will be a Cydonian built model. A large portion of the tech tree for the Cydonians will be devoted to researching all the components and technologies required to build a starfighter (in about 60 turns/days).

GhostOfDisco - Yes there will be a possibility open to the Cydonian player to have the forces of the Republic make an appearance. There will be a great deal of political intrigue built into the story of the Siege of Cydonia and many startling revelations will show that all is not as it seems in this corner of the Outer Rim.

Comment

Here's a question I hope somebody out there has an answer to. I was hoping I could include a customized SoC city graphic that would appear in place of the old standard ToT one. Is it possible to set this graphic attached below to appear as the city screen when a player loads up the SoC scenario?

I can remember trying this back on MGE and having very not that much luck with it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X