Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run Spritegen on the unit file.
    Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
    Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I just found out the problem was in the scenario parameters under the special rules, I had to enable to .SPR file override.
      Last edited by Sarsstock; January 16, 2007, 14:46.

Comment

In the rules file, at units_advanced, you can override the last zero with an one on the G row. It will disable the .SPR.

If you didn´t saved you savegame as a scenario, you will have to disable the .SPR every time in the game if you load your savegame.
        On my german TOT 1.1 version i have to do this, even if i save the game as a scenario. Then the game will save the changes and you don´t have to disable the .SPR.
        American War of Independence
        A Divided Nation - US Civilwar

Comment

Can't wait for those screenies. I mean.. ISW
          "Peace cannot be kept by force.
          It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsstock
            Originally I had wanted to make this a duel map scenario indeed, one that allowed the player to engage in warfare in both space and the planet surface.
            Please do!!

However I was never really able to get a good idea of how you could allow units to move freely from the space map back to the planet map and vice versa, to represent a space units ability to leave and re-enter the atmosphere whenever it wishes.
            Give them native transport ability?

Then there were some issues of how to handle units that couldn't enter the atmosphere map from space, if a space transport carrying units could enter the atmosphere and unload on the units on the planet surface and so on.
            Transports and aircraft carriers can carry units without native transport ability from map to map.

Either PM or post what you'd like to do in some detail, and I can help you out a bit. I usually muck it up the first time, but hexing the correct relationships isn't hard.

Civ2units' tip about section G in @UNITS_ADVANCED has an additional benefit. The response time during movement is slightly faster when sprites are bypassed.
            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Well first things first, I'll definatly implement those that suggestion of civ2units's to avoid the sprite issue. As for making a multi map game, well I'll have to learn everything from the ground on how to make the maps interface with each other properly.

I have to admit though, it does seem a little pointless to make a Star Wars game and NOT include a space battle of some kind. I'll send you some questions via PM soon Boco and maybe I can get some idea of whats possible.

Comment

I do have a question for you Gareth if your reading this thread my friend, I was wondering how those units I had e-mailed you about were comming along?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfDisco
                  Well, someday I might buy ToT - since I got a good price on MGE on half.com, maybe I can find a similarly low-priced ToT...

On a ToT-related note, will you be using multiple maps? Because that could be used for a dual "planet" and "space" action.
                  One word - Amazon...

You can get a full copy for silly money on there.

And recently, Tech posted an Atari link to download it...Legally.

No excuses are valid now!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

In addition to my units question to Gareth I have this one here, there have been quite a few outer space/celestial terrains posted over the years, but I don't know where to find them, could someone either post a link to a thread where some good ones have been posted or possibly post them here?

Its mainly the star terrains I'm interested in since I have my own idea for what Cydonia as well as the other planets and moons in the system should look.

Comment

I do have a question for you Gareth if your reading this thread my friend, I was wondering how those units I had e-mailed you about were comming along?
                      Er, I've managed to get only one done I'm afraid - the AAT. It's a bit rough and ready and could probably do with a bit more polish, but I ran out of steam. Here it is anyway:
                      Attached Files
                      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Ah, second thoughts that looks sh1te. This version with a bit more contrast and brightness may be a bit better:
                        Attached Files
                        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Gareth I completely disagree, I think she's a bloody awesome looking repulsortank if I ever saw one.

I can't thank you enough for these contributions.

Comment

Now here are some of the promised screen shots friends! First we see up close the bravery and determination of the Cydonians to defend they're homeland against any and all invaders as a valiant General leads his troops into the heart of battle.

But can bravery and ancient swords be any match against the droid armies of the C.I.S.?
                            Attached Files

Comment

The second screenshot shows the armies of the Skeltrix in the midst of their uprising at the height of the C.I.S. invasion of Cydonia. Determined to cross the barren salt flats into fertile Cydonian lands to reclaim their long lost territory, the marching Skeltrix armies are all too oblivious to the hidden threat that lies in the land bridge before them..... a dreaded Sarlacc Pit!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

This looks beautiful, Sarsstock!

I think I recognize the style...
                                Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                                Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                                POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                                LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Working...
                                X