Warlords of China complete!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techumseh
    Glad you like it, o-m. Considering that you were one of the main cheerleaders for me to finish this project, it took you long enough to get around to playing it!

But then I took 3 years to finish it, so a few months to get around to playing it may not be so bad.

Try one of the warlord civs if you want a bit more of a challenge.
    Er... yes. The 'No Civ' maxim I've adopt when in med school might strike the rest of you as nuts, but it's what I need to do if I want to get by!

This scenario was well worth the wait though!

I'm curious about the Communists and certain events linked to them, as nothing much seemed to happen with them (apart from gradually increasing donations from Uncle Joe). They got a Peasant Alliance? tech and they built the Long March after I booted them out of the south; I was braced for Communist hordes to descend upon me from Yenang province but this never occurred thankfully. I'm wondering what effect these have?
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

The Communists are a threat only if you ignore them. They can bribe quite a few cities if left alone.

If they build the "Long March" wonder, it creates a small group of CCP units in Yenan: 4 PLA inf, 1 Commissar, 1 coolie, and Mao if he's aready been eliminated once. They only get the tech needed to build the LM if you capture their southern base areas.

ps. Med School! Congrats. Where, and how long?
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

A threat? In my game I finally decided to take them out because they were becoming such a nuisance down in the south by restricting movements along railways. I made sure however to rush reinforcements to the cities nearest the communist ones where their units had been relocated once I had broken our alliance. The Long March makes sense now - Mao had already showed up on the casualty list, so I was surprised to see him wandering around Yenang when I got there!

They did manage to bribe one of my cities in the 3rd last turn of the game - a random commissar appeared in the south. It was quickly retaken on my go however.

I'm studying medicine in Glasgow, just finishing my 3rd year of a 5 year degree. It's fairly laid back, but it can get just a little hectic before exams.

Comment

Originally posted by our_man
          I'm studying medicine in Glasgow, just finishing my 3rd year of a 5 year degree. It's fairly laid back, but it can get just a little hectic before exams.
          I remember the medics at my uni working like buggery compared to most other degree courses - when you say laid back, do you mean you only work 23 hours a day OM?
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Do you really think I could stick a course that demands that much work? I'm going to be in for an awful shock when I qualify and find out how much work the job actually involves...

Comment

Working...
            X