Warlords of China complete!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlords of China complete!

After nearly 3 years - far too long - it's finally done! (I hope). Many thanks to Tim Smith (Hi-Res) who did the Great Wall terrain just before he moved to China 3 years ago, and to Fairline who created many exotic aircraft and armored vehicles over the last couple of years. And the AGRICOLA, who did his usual sterling job playtesting it.

You can download it at my site, here: http://www.tecumseh.150m.com/ I hope you enjoy it.
    Attached Files
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

At last!

Downloading right now!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've been waiting for this one long time! However, I can't find the .scn file. Am I missing something? I downloaded all the .zip files. Have you, perchance, forgotten to include it, as the readme mentions no other way to access the scen.

Comment

Same problem.
        Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
        Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Me too.
          "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
          -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
          "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
          "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

Been looking mightily forward to this one my friend! Can't wait to give this often overlooked period of history a try.

Comment

Oh man, what an anti-climactic launch! I'm so sorry. I stayed up late to try and get everything finally finished, and I forgot the scenario!

I've now fixed the download. For those who've already downloaded it, here's the scn file:
              Attached Files

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

congratulations B!
                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

I've updated my site, adding the conversion of Harlan Thompson's "Mongols" scenario, with an artistic makeover by Fairline. I fixed the sounds, which were problematic. I added a new rocket sound I created as well. I have to say, it's gorgeous, with units by Fairline, cities by Curt and terrain by Catfish.

I also added some final tweaks to the Warlords files and Readme. It's nothing which will make your current game obsolete, just some fine tuning and graphic enhancement. Upgrade at your leisure.

How to Make a Website with free web hosting services & cheap web hosting for ecommerce & small business hosting. Create & Make a Free Website with Affordable web hosting provider free website promotion tools & web stats. Free Website Builder, Templates, & Best Free Web Hosting. How to Create a Website

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Any chance there will be an MGE version?

Comment

Sorry. MGE can't handle the enhanced events and extra units, or the improved graphics of ToT.

You can download a trial version of Test of Time here: http://www.download.com/3000-2119-10...ml?tag=lst-2-9 You can register it for $10 US.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Has anyone got any comments? Do you find it too difficult, or too easy?

I just finished a game as the Koumintang and came 2 VP short of a decisive victory. It's the best I've been able to manage so far.
                        Attached Files

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

This scen's beautiful but very difficult to get anywhere in. I've been playing as the Kuomintang, and it's been quite the slog just against the Barbarians, as no actual player's attacked or been attacked by me yet (it's still early, though). I often am forced to deploy my limited resources carefully. I find the mortar I began with is my best bet for emptying cities thus far, but I am paranoid about loosing it and being hard pressed to replace it. I'll let you know when I've gone further.

Comment

Your best unit is the leader, in the KMT's case, Chiang Kai-shek. Don't lose him, because it's a while before you can build up much of an army. The KMT is a republic, so rapid research can get you lots of foreign arms deals later on, but each unit produced uses a shield, so building units is very slow. It's the opposite for the 4 warlord civs.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Right, settling down to another game with the new version. You made it harder!

There's a problem with the sound format of the wav for building a temple. Is it cathedral.wav? If so, there are two identically named cathedral.wavs in the zip for the scenario....
                              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Working...
                              X