After RomaMini, Throughout AEII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarsstock
    Well everything you just described sounds mighty interesting, especially the Indian Jonesesque rail car ride through the mysterious island's interior. I am curious about how this boardwalk graphic that will be used in place of roads will look like, do you have one stashed away somewhere or will you be making it up from scratch?
    Scratch, just like the railroads. They'll be basic elevated sidewalk planks, or if that doesn't work then a line of planks over the mud.

The rails are basically done and can be used as is for regular use. The problem with the rails that I hope to use lies with overlaying the entire tile with non-transparent color to simulate terra firma. Each Civ2 rail graphic lays on top of eachother, left to right, so I have to make sure I can make this work and maintain visual integrity. Right now the diagonal rails work great, but curves are a problem.

Comment

I think I understand what you mean, I've experimented with rail/road/highway/monorail graphics in the past myself and always found the curves and turns were the problems. Could you post a graphic of what you have done so far and I could take a shot at lending a hand? If the graphics themselves are still under lock and key though I understand.

On an off topic note, how goes AEII? I ask because I watched the Fiesta Bowl yesterday and on the Ohio State sideline was a handfull of those Ohio State Troopers who will be featured in the game.

Comment

I think I understand what you mean, I've experimented with rail/road/highway/monorail graphics in the past myself and always found the curves and turns were the problems. Could you post a graphic of what you have done so far and I could take a shot at lending a hand? If the graphics themselves are still under lock and key though I understand.

On an off topic note, how goes AEII? I ask because I watched the Fiesta Bowl yesterday and on the Ohio State sideline was a handfull of those Ohio State Troopers who will be featured in the game.
        Sure no problem. I'll post them tonight when I have my home computer handy.

AEII's going to be worked on this week.

Comment

Here you go Chris. This is just the scratchpad.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well at first glance its a damn good idea for a railroad graphic. I mean to make it actually look clearly like a railroad for once, it should also fit in with a small scale scenario like this.

I'll take a look at how it apears in gameplay later tonight. On a minor note, have you thought up a title for this little project?

Comment

Well at first glance its a damn good idea for a railroad graphic. I mean to make it actually look clearly like a railroad for once, it should also fit in with a small scale scenario like this.

I'll take a look at how it apears in gameplay later tonight. On a minor note, have you thought up a title for this little project?
              Not yet, but as King Kong is out I really want to call it Skull Island. Of course then we'd have to include a big ape in there and I'm just not that talented.

Any ideas? It's got wild things and riches, so I gather it should point to something along those lines.

Comment

Well, Harry, now cometh my two (€) cents

What about a scenario along the lines of Sid Meier's Colonization? This time with a map1 featuring only Africa, with the transporter improvements symbolizing the deep ocean - and working as teleporters to the harbours of Europe, situated on a second map, i.e. Hamburg, London, Marseille, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jim panse
                  Well, Harry, now cometh my two (€) cents

What about a scenario along the lines of Sid Meier's Colonization? This time with a map1 featuring only Africa, with the transporter improvements symbolizing the deep ocean - and working as teleporters to the harbours of Europe, situated on a second map, i.e. Hamburg, London, Marseille, etc.
                  Hmmm could work. How would the AI react to all this?

Comment

Chris, any luck with the graphic?

Comment

Well this is the first graphic that came to mind from, a 19th century cape clad English Lord, bravely leading his faithfull men through all dangers and perils for King and country!!

If this is the kind of unit your looking for I can make up a German Count and an American millionaire adventurer in the same style. I also have afew early freight and merchant units that could be used as supply units for this project if your interested. I made them up for an American Civil War scenario a little while back but have not been released to date.
                      Attached Files

Comment

19th century....King and country? Your hero seems to hail from the latter part of the century. Very nice icon!

El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

The cape and costume were 19th century, I didn't say the man himself was 19th century Boco . Either way its an early design, I'll see what Harry has to say before making any changes. In any case I believe Harry wants this to take place in the 20th century, judging by his request for American troops with tommy guns.

Comment

In the event this is a style to your liking Harry, here would be the German and American leader units, done in the style of late the 19th century, early 20th century.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I like them! There we still a few old British knights, Junker barons, and aging cowboys from the Old West at the start of the century so I don't see them as being out of place. They could be the leaders of the expeditions, a last gasp for greatness!

Comment

I really like both Sarsstock units and the concepts expressed here!

Harry, if I can help you in any way, just ask!

I might be able to find an interesting idea with change terrain and events (no, no definite idea yet )
                                Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                                Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                                POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                                LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Working...
                                X