"No Negotiation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No Negotiation"

Ok, I need a refresher. How do I stop negotiations between one civ and another? I did the "no negotiation" between the Tribal Civ and the Romans and vice versa. Each command had "human or computer" in it, yet the tribal civ keeps wanting to talk and divulge its secret civ specific techs. What am I doing wrong?

It should work like this:

Code:
    @IF
    Negotiation
    talker=Romans
    talkertype=HumanOrComputer
    listener=Tribal Civ
    listenertype=HumanOrComputer
    @THEN
    @ENDIF
    ... and the reverse one.

Make sure you've got the civ names spelled correctly. You said "human or computer". Does that mean you put spaces in there? Because there shouldn't be any spaces. Capitalization doesn't matter, but spacing does.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Nope, no spaces. I used the editor and it did not work. The command reads the same as yours.

Comment

Is your "tribal civ" the barbarians? Have you renamed them properly? Oh wait, you used the editor, so presumably they're not barbarians.

Oh, and, what happens if you actually put in an action after the @THEN. Say, a text message. Just to see if the thing triggers.

And another, completely unrelated "oh", in your sig you say SL's Wikipedia page. That should be Wiki page. Wikipedia is a specific case of wiki. It's the name of the online encyclopedia that uses the wiki "technology".
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
        X