Boney III GIGAmap !111!!!!1!!!!111!!!! >_<

"Peace cannot be kept by force.
      It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Actually, Saladin is working on a giga boney scenario
        Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Whenever I need an AI breakthrough, I just give them heavily enhanced units. Take Soviet Steel, for example. The European player, if he knows what he's doing, can simply sit behind his heavily fortified city walls/fortresses, take minimal casualties as the Soviets exhaust themsleves against this formidable defense line,and after his enemy has worn itself out, can easily smash the reds with a clever counter attack. But IF the "spearhead" enemy units are uberpowerful (this has to be done VERY carefully from a balance perspective, and it goes without saying that NO human playable civ should EVER get the chance to use these units.), an AI breakthrough can be achieved...

Example: In Soviet Steel, the Reds are VERY powerful, but if the Western European troops stay fortified behind their forts and city walls for a while, the Soviets will wear themselves out, inflicting minimal (often zero) casualties on the allies, whilst taking HUGE losses. BUT, if the Reds were given an early advantage, such as uber powerful units (my particular tactic was to make the Red Army unit 18/5/2, Attack, and IgCity Walls for the first turn only. My defense line was Shattered by the AI, and I faced a REAL desperate sistuation....)

.With (VERY) clever use "Give Tech" events, and of Leonardo, certain offensives could be simulated, by giving techs that obselete certain units, turning otherwise weak cannon fodder units into tremendously effective beasts, if only for a single turn, after which they're returned to normal. Personally, I just editted the AI units for a single turn using the FW editor, to boost the AI when and where needed, but with the above "leonardo" method, it could be automated, even if it is expensive in terms of units slots... Even if impractical, it's worth a thought...

Comment

@Tigey:

That is some rock-solid advice, mate!

I will keep that in mind for my ToT remake of Sov-Steel!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Eivind...is there a thread somewhere for Saladin's work? I would like to avoid working on a Bonaparte III if he is going to do one much the same.....

Comment

Working...
              X