No announcement yet.

The Seven Years War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those units look stellar, Chris! And this Seven Year's War cache obviously can be easily modified to ToT standards, but we may need a few more units (like native and Ottoman units, ships, Saxons, Spaniards, etc.). I'm also sure you (Chris) can do some reduxes on those flags and cities, but those graphics in the cache should make a good model. I also still like that map!

Comment

Will you be releasing your 'Empire of the Rising Sun', which a number of people contributed a great deal towards, before starting on this next project?
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I can personally vouch for Patrick in saying that EOTRS is the first priority on all his Civ II project lists right now. This is something that won't be given serious attention until after EOTRS's release.

So no worries to all those who contributed to EOTRS, it is comming I assure you.
        Last edited by Sarsstock; August 5, 2005, 21:42.

Comment

In any case, here once again based on the Fairline units Eivind provided are some new modified units, British units in this case. These ones are a British Battalion Company, a Grenadier Company, a Light Company, a Cavalry unit and a Lancer unit.
          Attached Files

Comment

Have no fear, Chris is absolutely right. This is a speculative, not active, project. My current active work is going to EotRS, and everyone's help with it will not go to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Patine
              Have no fear, Chris is absolutely right. This is a speculative, not active, project. My current active work is going to EotRS, and everyone's help with it will not go to waste.
              just gathering resources i see,
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Just as we're only gathering resources over here, I wonder if anyone has any good period ships from the mid 18th century?

At the same time can anyone imagine what would make for a good city style for this era?

Comment

In the zip posted at Tech's "what's missing" thread, I posted some cities.
                  Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Very nice map
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

Attatched below is an American Continental and a Hanovarian Musketeer, both updates of units Eivind provided from his similar project. Out of curisoity Eivind when did you attempt your "Seven Years War" project. Also, were the Continentals suppose to be included in the "Seven Years War" unitset and not a "Revolutionary War" unitset Eivind?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Sarsstock; August 14, 2005, 17:48.

Comment

Below now we have two more updates of Eivind's units, a Hessian Musketeer and a generic Militia to be used by all waring civ's.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think you are confusing the American War of Independance with the Seven Years War. The latter was 1756-63, twenty years before the US existed

While I'm carping, Britain had no lancer regiments until the 19th Century.
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

That was my thought too Gareth and I am well aware of the difference in timelines between the Seven Years War and the American Revolutionary War . However for the sake of being true to Eivind's unitset I sought to update each and every one he provided including the continental who likely may not have been born at the time of the Revolutionary War.

In any case I'm sure the continental could find a home in any number of projects out there. But predated Continentals and Lancers aside, what is your opinion of the rest of the units if I may ask as all are based on units of yours?
                            Last edited by Sarsstock; August 14, 2005, 17:54.

Comment

Working...
                            X