No announcement yet.

Some weird problem just occured ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

* Hex-edit alliances between Russua, the Confederates, the Allies & the Italians and the Independents (Barbs).
    I find this is a bit ambigous. Do you want

a. The Barbs to have alliances with Russia, the Confederates, the Allies and the Italians?

or

b. All 5 civs allied to each other in all possible combinations?
    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Seeing that you're having a great Saturday night and too busy to reply, I'm assuming that you want

a. The Barbs to have alliances with Russia, the Confederates, the Allies and the Italians?

The attached hexedit.zip contains the edited .scn file "walkinhell-fixed.scn" and "checksave.sav", a test of both global warming and alliances. In the SW part of the Sahara there are 7 Barb marines facing a marine from each of the 7 civs. Use "set human player" to test whether the right civs are allied with the Barbs.

You also might want to check your naming conventions, there is no "Allied" civ and 2 "American" ones in the set human player list and elsewhere. Confusing as hell.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh, this works perfectly, thank you very much, my dear sir!

Only thing I am asking now is that you seem to have edited to scenario length a little too. I intended to have it end in October 1918 - and now it ends in September 1917.

Could you change that back?

Comment

Only thing I am asking now is that you seem to have edited to scenario length a little too. I intended to have it end in October 1918 - and now it ends in September 1917.
          Sorry Steph, but I plead not guilty to the dastardly deed.

I just compared what I downloaded from your development thread (walkinhell.scn) to what I sent back (walkinhell-fixed.scn) and the only bytes that are changed are 50 and 51, which deal with pollution and global warming, and 1 byte for each of the 4 civs that you want allied to the Barbs.

Opening either .scn file gives the end of the scen as Sept 1917. Perhaps you could have checked that before blaming me.

Mercator's arcane tome on hexediting makes no mention of where the number of turns in a scen are stored. I'm sure that the number is stored somewhere but right now I don't have the time to look for it. You may have to use the scen editor to make a correction.

Comment

Oh well, this is weird for I set it up to end in October 1918.

Anyway, I did not want to make you my scapegoat, Agricola. If you feel that way I apologise for insulting you.

Thank you again, I will cross-check it again and then make the scenario downloadable!

Comment

Here is the download link for the scenario!

Comment

???????

What would you like me to do with it . . . . . or to it?

Comment

I just wanted you to get you the product for which you were hex-editing the file

Comment

Thank you for your consideration. I wondered if you might want that one hexedited.

Comment

Threadjacking a bit, what program do you use for hex-editing, agricola?
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I have frhed, Axe 3.3 and Hex Workshop 4.23.

When I hope that I know what I'm doing, I prefer frhed (freeware), despite its somewhat awkward search function and a next to useless function for comparing two files.

Axe and Hex Workshop (30 day trial downloads plus licenses) have excellent compare functions. If I could only have one editor, I'd probably get the Axe.

Comment

Originally posted by AGRICOLA
                          I have frhed, Axe 3.3 and Hex Workshop 4.23.

When I hope that I know what I'm doing, I prefer frhed (freeware), despite its somewhat awkward search function and a next to useless function for comparing two files.

Axe and Hex Workshop (30 day trial downloads plus licenses) have excellent compare functions. If I could only have one editor, I'd probably get the Axe.
                          OK, thanks a lot. I'll be sure to check all of them out.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                          X