Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The West Awakens

This scenario is nearing alpha.
    I realize that many of the veteran scenario makers here are to busy to help, with the crash and revamp.
    I must say I learned a great deal from creating King David so this scenario will top that one (if I do say so myself ).

The scenario begins at the founding of Syracuse by the Corinthians and ends with Alexander and the rise of Rome.
    An empire building and war scenario that should grab the interest of die hard ancient players.

1 year turns, each unit will equal 10,000 brave landowners who join up.

The tribes are
    Dorians - Corinth
    Ionians - Athens
    Aeolians - Thebes
    Lacedemons - Sparta
    Pheonicians - Carthage
    Etruscians - various North Italy city states
    Kingdoms AI only - Samnites, Venetians, Hill tribes, Illyria, Epirotes, Argos, Messenia, various Greek cities, and Macedonia - with a few big surprises, if you don`t look at the events.

I originally was going to do two scenarios and ended up combining both.

I wish I could give more info but its a little to early, more will come soon.

Thanks for everyones hard work putting the Scenario League back on track.

A screenshot of the map
    Attached Files
    You have made peace with the evil Wheredehekowi tribe-we demand you tell us if they are a tribe that is playing this scenario.
    We also agree not to crush you, if you teach us the tech of warp drive and mental telepathy and give 10 trinkets

Proposed units - alpha
    Attached Files
    You have made peace with the evil Wheredehekowi tribe-we demand you tell us if they are a tribe that is playing this scenario.
    We also agree not to crush you, if you teach us the tech of warp drive and mental telepathy and give 10 trinkets

Comment

Ilikkitallot
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Thanks Erika,

Can someone format this gif. for the title screen?
        All I have is the Windows paint and no conversion program.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice to see your second scenario, Beingofone. Great subject - I'm looking forward to playing it
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

All you have to do is paste your image into an existing title gif. and it's palette is automatically adjusted.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Actually I wouldn't recommend that - PSP (or Photoshop/Paint) tends to stuff up the pallette conversion a bit, leading to a muddy selection of colours; useable but compromised. It chooses a far better selection of colours if you load the MGE palette into the image. I've loaded into your image - now if you like you can cut'n'paste into an existing title.gif.
              Attached Files
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Damnit! I was gonna say the same thing.

But I'll post my version of the title image anyway, since I took the liberty to enhance it a little...
                Attached Files
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I must say I learned a great deal from creating King David
                  I must have missed this one on release. Where can it be found?
                  STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Lost...in cyberspace!
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Our Man go here to get King David

King David

You will need this mini update to play as anyone other than Israel.

Thanks Fairline and Mercator

I am gonna have to go with Mercators version but hey, I am using 90% Fairline units.

Techumseh - I kept trying to copy and paste inside the gif. it just would not let me for some reason.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I am going all out on the sounds for this one.

Here is a teaser wave for a hoplite attack.
                        Attached Files

Comment

17 seconds? while an excellent mix, i'll probably end up turning off sounds after two or three attacks simply because they last so long

Comment

17 seconds? while an excellent mix, i'll probably end up turning off sounds after two or three attacks simply because they last so long
                            Yeah, I could understand the concern if there were going to be alott of multiple attacks in a turn. With 10,000 strength units, these will be very expensive and difficult to maintain. Your attacks must be set up and well timed as the loss of a single unit could have repercussions for entire regions.
                            The AI knows this to and plays accordingly.
                            The most attacks you will hear in a single turn should be 4 and these will be spaced by many turns.

Comment

another question is will the battle last 17 seconds? because if it doesn't, it might be a bit foolish to have the battle over in 5 seconds and have another 12 seconds of audio

Comment

Working...
                              X