WW2 Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Jimmy

Here are the modded German and US A7Vs in you're interested in upgrading them. Also, if it's alright, may I have a copy of your original (albeit still wonderful) A7Vs? I seem to have misplaced it...
    Attached Files

Comment

@ TY: I will try and find those for you
      "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
      "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

This is what I found. The tank in the upper left corner is my original and the other A7V's are ScottF's recolors.
        Attached Files
        "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
        "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

@fairline: I don't mean to be a pest, but I'd like to get a rough idea of where my US naval dive bombers are in your queue? I've officially started my beta proper of 'Empire of the Rising Sun,' and would dearly like to include them (I finally found space for them). Thanks in advance!

Comment

I may be a little late chiming in on this, but with regards to the earlier stuff about the alternate timeline thing with the Civil War, the name "Wright 27" in my mind makes me think of something earlier than a P-40, like a P-35 or P-12.

But if Confederates are flying B-17s and and Stukas, then a P-40 would probably be a bit more of a fair shake.

Not that I've read any of the books.

Comment

Oh, could someone please do me a favor? On top of the US Naval dive bombers (Dauntless, Devastator, and Helldiver), I need an M3 Grant Lee with the appropriate cammo and markings for the ones used by the British in India. These units are all I need to complete the units set of 'Empire of the Rising Sun.' If someone could get me that tank, I'd be most grateful. Thanks in advance!

Comment

I thought I´d have one somewhere on my HD ...

There are nemo´s & Figu´s sigs on it - but I do believe a certain Mr Fairline had something to do with it ...
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot, Steph! That helps greatly! Now I just have to wait for fairline...

Comment

Nemo for inspiration, Fairline for creation, and Figu for the green paint job.
                    "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Originally posted by Patine
                      Oh, could someone please do me a favor? On top of the US Naval dive bombers (Dauntless, Devastator, and Helldiver).....
                      Here's a ToT Dauntless and Avenger, which were the most important Naval dive bomber and torpedo bomber respectively. You can't possibly have a WW2 Pacific scenario without an Avenger The Helldiver was pretty much a retrograde step from the Dauntless, so you could probably do without it. How do you intend to differentiate between a dive bomber and a torpedo bomber using the civ engine BTW?

This is a gif (I used less than 256 colours so there has been no loss converting from the original bmp) - if your gfx program can't handle pasting gifs into bmps, I've included the original in the zip in the next post.
                      Attached Files
                      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

The zip with the 24-bit originals:
                        Attached Files
                        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

wow.

I looked at these two and could instantly tell the first was an avenger and the second was a dauntless.

Superb work.

as usual.

Lost in America.
                          "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                          "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                          "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Unfortunately I did not have time to make the same distinction, for my eyes immediately burned in their sockets upon seeing such wonders.

Comment

. . . . and then I saved them as a bmp.

I'll trim them up later.

Lost in America.
                              "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                              "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                              "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

A pair of wonders.

I have a special fondness for the Helldiver in particular. When it was in public display in the Athens military museum and I was but a toddler (in the early 80's) my dad would lift me up on the wing and I would risk a step or two.
                                Or so I remember, I must have been way too young...
                                Now the Helldiver must be in the new aviation museum, and you can't get anywhere near it like that.
                                Not that I would climb on it, now, anyway...
                                If I have a son one day, who knows...
                                "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                                -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                                "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                                "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

Working...
                                X