Ancient/Pre-Steam Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Gareth
    If we give you a dollar every time we tell you that your units are superb, you would probably be rich...

Comment

• @fairline: I was thinking Voltigeur militia, and I see you have a militia unit that looks very similar.

@Turno: Yes, in terms of the regiments, you're right.

There were also French-Canadian Voltigeurs in the War of 1812, but the source I read didn't make it clear which of the two they were derived from.

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline
        Thanks for the heads-up Catfish. Could I scrounge your labels.txt please?
        I'll go one better. I've converted version 2.5 of the scenario to ToT, including all the hex-editing and other stuff. Changes are listed in the ZIP. The reason labels.txt crashes CivConverter is because it's derived from vanilla Civ2 while the SCN file itself was created using MGE. CivConverter can't handle this. The full description of the problem and the fix can be found in the conversion guide.

Casus Belli 2.5 for ToT (444 kB) - no modifications, just conversion fixes.
        Last edited by Catfish; December 18, 2007, 04:48.
        Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

• Originally posted by Patine
          @fairline: I was thinking Voltigeur militia, and I see you have a militia unit that looks very similar.

@Turno: Yes, in terms of the regiments, you're right.

There were also French-Canadian Voltigeurs in the War of 1812, but the source I read didn't make it clear which of the two they were derived from.
          Professional army voltigeurs are, as a paradox, an english root.

Both American and English used widely Rangers "unhortodox" tactics in the 7YW ( remember Rogers' Rangers? ), and American used them against the British officers in the Indipendence War - or American Revolution ( Gen. Stark was an ex Rogers' Ranger ). French officers in American service mutuated this new concept from them, and of course English too, akthough a little late. Wellington was the first to readopt it in the Peninsula campaign. Instead of a veil of voltigeurs in front of the attacking columns, a few distanced groups of marksmen checking - and killing for - french napoleonic columns officers.

Comment

• You're making me want to read that used copy of "Sharpe's Rangers" that I picked up at a library sale!
            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• All this talk of Voltigeurs made me want to go and revamp my Canadian Voltigeur graphic for the War of 1812.

Then, looking for reference pics, I saw some pics of other Candian militia.

So, without further ado, here some defenders of the north against us black-hearted Yankee imperialists.

The preview...
              Attached Files
              The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
              2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

• ...and the usable file
                Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for the conversion Catfish

I guess I'll have to finish those graphics files now...
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline
                    I guess I'll have to finish those graphics files now...
                    Yup, and share 'em!
                    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

• There wouldn't be a German cavalry unit floating about in MGE format would there? I need one for my Gallic War scen as a merc of Caesar's.

*edit* Never mind. I found one.
                      Last edited by Jerec; January 2, 2008, 16:43.

Comment

• Medieval units from Medium Aevum. Nearly all are original tot-units, cut and resized to the mge diamond. Sorry Fairline for raping your units...

Attached Files
                        Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

• Here's a 17th century Polish dragoon that I *might* be using in my Sobieski scenario, from fairline's Casus Belli Polish dragoon from the early 18th...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• And here's an attempt at a Crimean Tatar...
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Here's a 17th century Russian hussar (apparently they copied the Polish ones, but left out the wings and such:
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Can't wait to see the Polish scen come together!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X