Ancient/Pre-Steam Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancient/Pre-Steam Unit Graphics

"With time and patience, the mulberry leaf becomes satin. With time and patience the mulberry leaf becomes a silk gown."
    - Anon

Please share all your ancient and pre-steam unit graphics in this thread. Thank you.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

BeBro's ships.
    Attached Files
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Here are almost all my units in shattered gif version
      Attached Files
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

and here they are in original bmp version, rar-ed.
        Attached Files
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Some new and revamped Greeks. The little snippets about armour are there as hints for possible tech tree rersearch.
          Attached Files
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

You've done it again Gareth.
            Last edited by typhoon; May 8, 2005, 02:00.

Comment

I don't know where to start... The detailed musculature, the lifelike action poses! Simply amazing. How do you keep improving what looks perfect?

On the subject of ancient units...
              Say, Gareth (you being Welsh and all) where do you keep those tatooed & blue-painted British Celts?
              Better still, that scantily dressed Boudicca, charging on her British chariot?
              I am sure you keep these somewhere
              "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
              -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
              "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
              "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

Originally posted by tanelorn

Say, Gareth (you being Welsh and all) where do you keep those tatooed & blue-painted British Celts?
                But Boudicca was the original Essex girl.

(OK I know it's off topic - I'll fall on my sword as soon as I can wash off this woad.)

RJM at Sleeper's
                Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Welsh? Gareth is an good Englishman! (or so I recall him saying)

And those Greeks are tremendous - I wonder if any Romans have had the same treatment?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling

And those Greeks are tremendous - I wonder if any Romans have had the same treatment?

give him time,
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by tanelorn

Actually you and Curt are both sort of right Tim - I'm Welsh by blood but brought up and living in England. I had a go at some woad-tatooed picts for Pericles' never-to-be-completed Roman scenario; they're lost now.

Scantily-clad Boudicca was sadly not the original Essex-girl - the Iceni were more Norfolk/Suffolk. It's an interesting thought though - I can picture her now: bleached-blonde bimbo, wearing mini-skirt and white stillettos riding a horse-drawn white convertible Ford XR3i into battle

@Curt - revamped Romans are next on the list.

Damn - I just broke my own stupid rule about not posting nonsense in the graphics threads. OK, I accept that it's a stupid rule....

Comment

Gareth, all I can say is that it astounds me how one man's contribution.... yours that is, has continuely pushed the progress of Civilization II forward with these ground breaking graphics. Thats why you see I'm always sure to credit you in each and every unit I work on .

Also Gareth, I seem to remember you once made a pretty impressive set of units featuring Ancient Hebrew warriors and Egyptians as well. I have a partial version of the unitset but I never feel comfortable posting work done exclusivley by other designers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsstock
                          Also Gareth, I seem to remember you once made a pretty impressive set of units featuring Ancient Hebrew warriors and Egyptians as well. I have a partial version of the unitset but I never feel comfortable posting work done exclusivley by other designers.
                          Thanks. That's a good rule to follow I think: if the creator isn't dead (!) or gone from the community, let them post their own units

Here's the Bronze Age units you're referring to:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes those are most definitely the units I had in mind my friend!! And perhaps the forum should adopt a rule in principal at least about posting other artists work.... just a thought in the interest of artistic integrity.

Comment

*double take*

Hey! There's an Ox Chariot?!

New one for moi.

Now I have to dl it.
                              Lost in America.
                              "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                              "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                              "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Working...
                              X