Ancient/Pre-Steam Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full circle

The FW/MGE versions of these were some of the first units I posted here. Here's some ToT early 18th Century units for use in War of Spanish Succession an Great Northern War scenarios:
    Attached Files
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• The in-game bmp:
      Attached Files

Comment

• Wooooo

Comment

• No French voltigeurs in the 7YW set? I had thought they were quite common in the North American theatre.

Comment

• Excellent as ever - Many classics here - Enough to make me don my Blackadder the Third garb!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Stunning stuff!!! At some point I will have to run Casus Belli through the ToT converter just to add these beautiful units. If it is OK by you I will add these to the SL Units section. Should contrast well with the original 1700's units from back in the day. Really illustrates how far your work has developed over the years
              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
              SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
              SL INFORMATION THREAD
              CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

• Thanks

Patine: Do you mean voltigeurs companies of regular regiments or militia voltigeurs?

McM: I've already converted Cassus Belli (hence the units really). Unfortunately there's a strange error message regarding the events in the ToT version....

Please post away BTW

Comment

• Stunning Gareth! I've been waiting for you to update your GNW units since I got your first versions.
                  Go Carolus Rex!
                  "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                  It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline
                    I've already converted Cassus Belli (hence the units really). Unfortunately there's a strange error message regarding the events in the ToT version....
                    What sort of strange error message?
                    Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

• @ Patine

Voltigeurs were a pretty much french revolutionary and napoleonic creation. Thanks to them, republican armies deprived the old XVIII trained troops of their officers, the most crucial part of the XVIII army, the only one able to keep this "Krethi und Plethi" mass united.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catfish

What sort of strange error message?
                        Ah, nothing strage about the message, just the standard 'error in events' type of thing. What was strange was that there is no problem with the FW version and all I'd done was a direct ToT conversion. I deleted the first half of the events, and subsequently the second half in an attempt to narrow things down a bit, but both halves still caused a problem. At that point I girded my loins for a detailed 'one-event-at-a-time' session and, er, promptly gave up

If any kind soul can spot a problem with the attached, that would be great. IIRC I had to exclude the labels.txt from the conversion as they were causing a problem, but that shouldn't have a bearing on events, should it?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• *Absentmindedly wonders if he should use that Polish Dragoon unit pic in his Sobieski scenario, or whether he should keep the one he's got, ponders whether the TYW units or these units would be more appropriate for Sobieski's period, and considers using the Polish Uhlan as a Light Cavalry unit*
                          The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
                          2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline
                            Ah, nothing strage about the message, just the standard 'error in events' type of thing. What was strange was that there is no problem with the FW version and all I'd done was a direct ToT conversion.
                            Your events file seems to check out OK with the version of the scenario I just converted (2.5 for MGE). At least I was unable to reproduce the problem whilst letting the AI play for the first 2 years of the scenario. Does your error message appear at the very beginning of the game? Did you change anything in rules.txt, especially the unit names? You have the events debugger enabled; check the last entry in report.txt.

Originally posted by fairline
                            IIRC I had to exclude the labels.txt from the conversion as they were causing a problem, but that shouldn't have a bearing on events, should it?
                            No, it wouldn't. Apart from the events file itself, the other sources of error would be rules.txt and the SCN file.
                            Edit: Actually, it could, if for example, there was a mismatch between the names given for the barbarians.
                            Edit 2: Ah, I have it (testing as I type). The barbarians have been renamed Ottomans. You need to add a labels file where the 2 barbarian entries on lines 17 and 18 of the @labels list have been renamed Ottomans and Ottoman, respectively. You can disregard my first paragraph.
                            Last edited by Catfish; November 30, 2007, 04:46.
                            Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

• Gareth
                              Now you and Catfish have ironed out the problem with the labels would it be possible to post up the Casus Belli ToT version and I will add it to the Scenario League?
                              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                              SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                              SL INFORMATION THREAD
                              CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

• Thanks for the heads-up Catfish. Could I scrounge your labels.txt please?

EDIT: Ignore that, I've overcome my laziness and changed barbarian/s to Ottoman/s in a labels file copied from the 'original' folder and the events now seem to work. Thanks Catfish

@McMonkey: It's a wip - I've just lashed up a units file and some terrain and cities. It will need a lot of work to make it a pukka conversion. You're welcome to a private copy for your own use though.
                                Last edited by fairline; November 30, 2007, 13:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X