Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtsibling
    I say we make an 'Invasion of Microsoft' Scenario; as punishment for Windows being such an unstable OS!
    Except it's likely fairline's own fault that he lost all his data.

Unless your hard drive actually died, there's no reason you should've lost anything. I had a bad computer crash myself Friday. It turns out my RAM gave out. I wasn't able to start up my PC properly, but I was still able to back all my stuff up, after the crash and before I formatted the HD.

But well, I'm not here to be an ass.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Leonidas
      Use Mozilla Firefox (almost the perfect browser):

Mozilla’s family of products are all designed to keep you safer and smarter online

After getting fed up with IE I gradually moved to Netscape then Mozilla, Opera, some browser I don't remember, and finally back to Mozilla. I do believe FireFox is the best thing going right now.
      "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
      "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

i isolated the red front ToT units from sceenshots that were posted, do you need them?
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator

Except it's likely fairline's own fault that he lost all his data.

Unless your hard drive actually died, there's no reason you should've lost anything. I had a bad computer crash myself Friday. It turns out my RAM gave out. I wasn't able to start up my PC properly, but I was still able to back all my stuff up, after the crash and before I formatted the HD.
          But if the HD's been damaged in the crash (back in the Win NT days I lost a NTFS formatted HD this way ) and there's no way to quickly reach the data via a DOS bootdisk or Knoppix. You have a serious problem at hand.

save early, save often...
          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmywax
            After getting fed up with IE I gradually moved to Netscape then Mozilla, Opera, some browser I don't remember, and finally back to Mozilla. I do believe FireFox is the best thing going right now.
            Hear hear!
            Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

the crash could have been like my hd crash, i had a crash wipe out the entire directory structure on my storage and os drives i just hope that never happens to me again
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
              X