ww1 scenario idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika
    I am going to use a couple of wonders, one for britain and one for france, they will help boost production, but when germany introduces unrestricted submarine warfare, these wonders will become obsolete and their effects will stop, plus the US will enter the war after a bit on the allied side,
    Now that is a brilliant idea!
    Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
    Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
    POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
    LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

• Sometime around 1919-1920, if the germans havent taken their objective cities and the allies haven't pushed back the german advance then the game will end as a truce, if the allies push back the german advance by then, the armistice will happen, and if germany is at the outskirts of paris around them then france will armistice,
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Are you going to have a British-controlled bedouin revolt in the Southern Ottoman Empire?

Comment

• Brilliant Idea?

Why, yes it is.

I did exactly that in Age of War.
          Lost in America.
          "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
          "or a very good liar." --Stefu
          "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• Will the Italian player (or AI) choose which side they will join, or will it be chosen for them by events?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyrion
              Here is a suggestion of how the US entry into the war could be treated! I'm not sure whether I thought it up or stole it in a scenario (probably the later...).

You could give from the start a Wonder or two to the Brit which would help him greatly economically (for instance, rename Adam Smith and Hoover Dam).

Then you could make a tech name "Unrestricted Sub Warfare" researchable for the German (with some pre-requisites, so that the german player can't research it too soon).

Exile, this quote is from page 2 in this thread, as you can see I knew I had seen it somewhere! (and as you see my "brilliant idea" comment was a bit ironic, as I had suggested it)

Of course, I should have remembered it was in AoW! Did I already tell you how great this scen is??

Now that I think about it, I think that there even was a hot debate between you and Soundwave (remember his "History" scen ) when he wanted to modify this in the Age of War pbem!

Comment

• Soundwave . . . mia.

The only conversation I ever had with soundwave was a private one in which I told him he'd better pull "his" scenario, or I was going to speak out. He indicated that he would. Then, he didn't. I still exercised restraint, but then a short time later, he announced that he was going to continue with his ripoff. And I spoke out in one of his threads. Then he disappeared. Funny how a little thing like intellectual theft gets folks all riled up.

Nowadays, scenarios are intricate pieces of work, and the details are sometimes very subtle. Soundwave's attempt to modify AoW were unsuccessful for this reason. The result was an incredibly unbalanced, ridiculously ahistorical scenario.

Strangely, my own feeling about AoW is that it was a failure, and the problems that became apparent were (more-or-less) solved in AoI. I still play AoI. I never play AoW. You might be referring to another conversation he had with someone else. He DID seem very talkative when he was around.
                Lost in America.

Comment

• Re: Soundwave . . . mia.

Originally posted by Exile
                  Strangely, my own feeling about AoW is that it was a failure,
                  Now be sure you're the only one I'll allow to say so!

Comment

• Lost in America.

Comment

• Exile, have you ever thought about making ToT versions of AoW/Imp1870? Just think about the possibilities of the improved event triggers & actions and the additional unit slots...
                      Anyway, both scens are among only a few others the reason why I still have MGE on my HD!

Comment

• Changes Between the 2 unit files,
                        All infantry Defence Raised, different infantry graphics
                        All Naval units Attack and defence Raised, to simulate the heavier warships introduced, different naval graphics
                        Aircraft carrier added as well as 1 more battlecruiser and sub,
                        a few more aircraft,
                        tanks introduced
                        ability to research unrestricted sub warfare,
                        bomber introduced,
                        sturmtruppen introduced, needed tech "Reformed Tactical Doctorine" introduced,

Note: Later Battlecruisers will have the same attack as dreadnoughts exept having 3 hit points whereas the dreadnoughts will have 4, to simulate the battlecruisers mounting 15in guns,
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Update:
                          3 more dreadnoughts,
                          Ugly-Iron Duke Class 10-13.5 inch (5x2)
                          Very Ugly-Konig Class 10-12 inch (5x2)
                          Horrendous Monstrocity-Imperator Nikolai Class 12-12 inch (4x3)

Comment

• I take it it's going to be alot of junk floating in the northern sea when this scenario is over ^^
                            Tied down for survival

Comment

• Update:
                              i still need a map
                              tech tree went sour
                              I am still working on this scenario at a snails pace, due to a lack of interest, but it is sort of progressing, i played with some things, took 1 step forward, tech tree went sour, 3 steps back
                              nothing seems to be going smoothly here
                              if this project does eventually die, i will at least have a hoarde of ww1 naval units to show for it

Comment

• I'm posting this gif for Erika and for Gareth. G, do you recall this one? IIRC, this one wasn't available to the public. If you lost it, here it is. Erika, here are some superb Brit Battlecruiser graphics;
                                Lost in America.

Comment

Working...
                                X